Multi-part areas?

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I think I see what you are getting at now - yes that would be a nifty idea and workable although an animation would be cool. I'd say give it a try OTB.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:I think I see what you are getting at now - yes that would be a nifty idea and workable although an animation would be cool. I'd say give it a try OTB.
It's basically the same idea as your using a scenery sprite that could be moved by certain events. The only real difference is using an Object entity instead of a Scenery. The Speech Events serve to trigger the movement.

I wish that MF would have implemented the Trapdoor entities. Or, if they are working, then they should have given us some sprites for them.

Another thing that they should have implemented is the extendable bridge. If you haven't seen this sprite, check it out in the mission specific section. It's in the Mission 25 folder.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Did you see the trapdoor animation in my Fallout Graphics post? That may be able to transferred over. Yes I ahve seen the extendable bridge - can it be implemented?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Did you see the trapdoor animation in my Fallout Graphics post? That may be able to transferred over.
Yes, I saw it. I don't know how we'd x-fer it over. I searched all 960 sprites on my HD and there is no trap door. There is a tile for it, but not sprite. W/o anything to use as an example I don't see how we'll be able to fashion a trap door sprite. Then again, I'm still a complete neophyte when it comes to Spray...
Jimmyjay86 wrote:Yes I [have] seen the extendable bridge - can it be implemented?
Not as far as I can tell. I'm still working on it, though. I'll let you know if I come up w/anything. (It was a while ago that I was working on it, I can't remember if I tried it as a State Scenery entity or not...)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Yes, I saw it. I don't know how we'd x-fer it over. I searched all 960 sprites on my HD and there is no trap door. There is a tile for it, but not sprite. W/o anything to use as an example I don't see how we'll be able to fashion a trap door sprite. Then again, I'm still a complete neophyte when it comes to Spray...
I don't see why it couldn't be done, it is essentially a door in a z direction.
Our Host!