Silver Style Gets Another Ex-Black Isle Employee

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Silver Style Gets Another Ex-Black Isle Employee

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[Company -> Update]</strong>

<html><body><P>According to the latest <A HREF=http://www.the-fall.com/e/index.php target=_blank>The Fall</A> newsletter:</P><blockquote><em>We're glad to welcome Game Designer Jeff Husges! He worked at Black Isle on Fallout 3 and Baldur's Gate 3 formerly. He starts working on "The Fall - Last Days of Gaia" from today on.</em></blockquote><P>There you have it. Discuss.</P></body></html>
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Was he just a QA guy? Too lazy to confirm it myself.
Bobbin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bobbin »

Yes, he was QA on Icewind Dale 1+2 and Lionheart.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

what's BG3? is it Jefferson?
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

PiP wrote:what's BG3? is it Jefferson?
Yup, exactly.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

QA on Lionheart? Sounds like somebody Cartman Strehse would hire.
fuck
Thuron
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Thuron »

You guys really give this Carsten a hard life...

Agreed ?

:joy:
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Thuron wrote:You guys really give this Carsten a hard life...

Agreed ?

He gets what he deserves. We wouldn't take a piss on him if he didn't do it to us first.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Thuron
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Thuron »

Hmmm thankx

I read the thread but its more about exchanging flames and wild language to be honest with you...

Maybe we should take a 2. look...

Agreed ?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Role-Player wrote:
Thuron wrote:You guys really give this Carsten a hard life...

Agreed ?

He gets what he deserves. We wouldn't take a piss on him if he didn't do it to us first.
That's nonsense. People were giving him shit from the word go. And when the dude talks shit back you cry foul. The whole god damn thing is fucking hilarious.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Whoever started it is irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that Cartman Strehse is an asshole who ignores any suggestions because he is the proffeshunal game deseyener.

Oh yeah, not to mention the whole really funny part where he belittles Nival (el oh el, Silent Storm was a flop and SoA was a bestseller!) and Saint recounts the tale of the moska and the elephant.
fuck
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That was epic Slave.

Carsten's climbing to the top is like the Nazis'!!
He's kicking the Russians and stealing the world scientists!! That's apart from the fact his company is german and is named SS!!
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Mad Max RW wrote:That's nonsense. People were giving him shit from the word go. And when the dude talks shit back you cry foul. The whole god damn thing is fucking hilarious.
Oh really? If you actually read the thread, Carsten was apparently interested in criticism. Killzing starts pointing out about the problems with the portraits and the trade interface, and chrisbeddoes pointed out that the interface should be smaller. Cartsen claims he'll take our feedback very seriously. I pointed out the problem with some of the faces, and Killzig actually took the image and pointed out which would be more correct and which ones were wrong (and at this point, other people actually agreed with Chris). After stating he'd take our feedback seriously, he dismisses what chris said:
Carsten Strehse wrote:Don't think that this would be a good idea. A user interface should be used by the user and if it's too small the user can't use it. Used... eh... Got me?
At this time Killzig notices the problem with the "defense" Carsten is applying to the interface. Carsten tries to weasel out of it, but Killzig was right - there a great deal of games that manage to do many things with smaller, less intrusive interfaces. When confronted with Killzig pointing out other ways of having more efficient interfaces, he neglects it. The funnay is that Carsten's dismiss what Killzig said because he claimed it was merely "personal taste"; yet he had no problem in developing a real time with pause game based on other's tastes. The end result is him making pathetic excuses and giving half-assed reasons.

If you think giving him opinions is "giving him shit from the get go", then that's your problem. The fact remains we gave him input, and he didn't liked it, period. I'm not denying some people did flamed him, but instead of being above that, he flamed back, and ran off when he couldn't defend the rest of his points.

Yeah. Fucking hilarious.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

I always thought that game looked like poo .... a bit like the early builds of "Trash"
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
Bobbin
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bobbin »

s4ur0n27 wrote:That was epic Slave.

Carsten's climbing to the top is like the Nazis'!!
He's kicking the Russians and stealing the world scientists!! That's apart from the fact his company is german and is named SS!!
German==Nazi comparisons, you must be a rhetorical genius! The company is named SSE, btw. And regarding the thread, he asked for suggestions, not demands, that's what some people mixed up. Look at the latest screens, he did some tweakings (no ridiculous blue hair anymore, interface tightened a bit). Currently the interface reminds me of JA2 which had a very efficient interface.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Nice one, Strehse. First he grabs a guy who did QA and one game (and hey, IWD2 was just a tour de force, right?) and now he picks a guy who's barely out of that same QA farm. I suppose he's going to hire the secretaries and janitors from BIS next?
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Thuron
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Thuron »

Hmmmm, anyway by flaming Carsten you wont make Fall or Fallout 3 a better game... I see your point still Carsten is a young man who never had a girl friend due to his love for games. So he became a producer and he is still in business, which is for itself a great achievement in these days. I am sorry that he flamed Nival as it is apparently one of the shining stars ( i loved etherlords) instead of fighting both should join forces... a russian friend of mine always said if russia and germany work closely together great things happen... :joy:
Hertston
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Hertston »

He didn't "flame" Nival... all he said was that S2 sales (prior to the US release) were nowhere near as impressive as some here seem to think.

Judging from my own experience (UK), he's probably right - it didn't even dent the charts, and was discounted to half-price less than a month after release. There were reasons for that (minimal publicity, and lousy box art) and I hope S2 has great success in the US - it deserves it.

Likewise, all he said about SoA is that just because US sales were poor (which they were) didn't mean it didn't sell better elsewhere (which it did).
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Thuron wrote:a russian friend of mine always said if russia and germany work closely together great things happen...
Yeah that worked real well during World War I. Many great things sure happened.
PiP

Post by PiP »

WW2 as well, they cooperated in the beginning
Our Host!