What's the best weapon to use on those rock monsters?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

The axes worked best for me, they did a decent amount of damage and only needed minor repairs after clearing out the caves. The armour though was a different story. I either had a strong character carry a spare suit of armour that I'd dump when destroyed, or I'd get them to fight in their underwear to prevent losing the armour.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I just get a whole collection of rusted axes and go nuts in the caves. Usually go through about 3 axes in total.

Fire arms do bugger all damage to the golems, if I remember right. Even the hand cannon doesn't do much to them.
Solafein
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Solafein »

It has been at least 5 months since i beat Arcanum but im pretty sure arcane weapons do not take damage when hitting hard creatures, such as the rock golems.
Solafein
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Solafein »

note: arcane armor still takes fire damage and breaks
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

axes and mallets, tend to suffer the least amount of wear from hitting golems.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

if your pure meele, then get hold of something stupid like a railroad spike and beat them with it.
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Arcane anything does not get damage. A nice idea is grenades also or molotov in turn base.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Cloudnine has it. Get something stupid. And no, guns are a no no. I tried it that way my first time. Guns suck completly against the stone gollems. I spent every shot I had and lost all of my party to the first one.... the next time I came back with a more well-informed inventory, i.e. hammers, backup armor, and other crappy weapons as further backup.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
FitzLaughlyn
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FitzLaughlyn »

If you use the metal gauntlets on the rock golems you should be fine. Just punch them. I didn't take any damage and I just took the weapons off my followers.

Otherwise any thrown weapon will work, as will bows. Firearms seem to have a random chance to hit the things.

Explosives work well. Dynamite, plastique, grenades, etc. For dynamite and plastique just click on the monster. A bug puts the item where you placed it on the monster, you don't have to walk over and set it.

I say you go with the gauntlets (best you can buy at the armorer).
Reklar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Reklar »

Jimbo san wrote:Oh yeah... just remembered. If you want a "super weapon", then bring that damn Dog along with you. He whomps on those rock guys, killing them in 1-2 turns. But other than that, no, no "super weapon". I can't believe I forgot that.

*Kicks self*
What dog? I'm just to the point where I need to head to the caves and I haven't met any dogs that can join you. Is it in Tarant somewhere?

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)
"Life is unfair. If life were fair it would mean we deserved everything we got."
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Hes in Blackrock, if my memory serves me correctly. You have to find him fast though, as a Gnome is kicking him to death, and will die unless saved.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

-root. Blackroot. Dirty lil' mutt.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

How does this thread fall under the category of post-apocalyptic gaming? :O
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

... True.
I really don't know. Maybe because Troika's behind Arcanum and this is a tribute??
No idea really.
Our Host!