Idolized

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Idolized

Post by PaladinHeart »

I've noticed a few places are really tough to get to really like you a lot. A good example is the Den. Is it possible to be idolized at every place? Or are there some places you just can't do this with?

I've also always wondered if you can interact with the raiders that attack Vault City if your reputation is low. I haven't really interacted with the families enough in New Reno so I should probably try to explore all the quest opportunities there.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

I don't think you can get idolized in every place...

For Den, maybe killing off Metzger.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Can't do anything with the raiders except annhilate the buggers.
SeanDMan
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by SeanDMan »

Always pissed me off.

Two sets of raiders, and nothing to do with them.

I think there is a quest for the V15 raiders, but I'm a low charisma guy everytime, so I've never gotten to it.

I tried sneaking in the backdoor of the Raider coves south of Vault City... and talked to that Tribal guy figuring I could maybe liberate him. No dice, but he doesn't give me up either. So I go and kill the raiders, go back to set him free... and he attacks me.

You can't begin to know the life you denied yourself, Shadow Who Walks...
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

I don't believe he is a prisoner. He is more like their regional guide. He probably even set up all those scorpion traps in that one large room.

I don't think killing metzger gets you liked more in the Den. I think the main problem is that there is basically nobody there that DOES care to like you. The medium businesses should have had more quests, as they're the only people there that are even halfway civil.

Maybe it'd be good karma to kill off all the druggies in the streets? Clean up the town, so to speak. I've never bothered killnig lara at the church after helping her take it. Maybe that would help? Its logical to assume that after you kill metzger, she would take over as the head honcho in town. And I bet 90% of the people that kill metzger, don't even think about lara and her thugs.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Anyone Know what the story is with Shadow Who Walks? And you can talk to him? Whats he have to say?
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Things that elevate your karma in the Den are: helping Becky with her quests (and solving the dispute with the other bar owner and the whisky), helping Anna's ghost, delivering Mom food, lending the gold to Fred, and killing Metzger and the slavers. I think saving Vic, and that stray ghoul from the peak show also is counted towards that.

Killing assorted people (specially children), smashing Becky's still, joining Metzger, killing Anna's ghost, and digging up the graves lowers the reputation.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

CloudNineGT wrote:Anyone Know what the story is with Shadow Who Walks? And you can talk to him? Whats he have to say?
It was in one of the Bibles. I think he was a guide for the Raiders and there was originally a quest where you could turn him over to your side.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Role-Player wrote:Killing assorted people (specially children), smashing Becky's still, joining Metzger, killing Anna's ghost, and digging up the graves lowers the reputation.
thats what makes it fun though.

but yeah. as i recall you cannot get idolized in every city. there just arent enough things to do in some towns that allow for it.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Oh yeah. Its been a while since I looked the bible over, but now that you mention it, I remember. Its too bad they never put that quest in, I would have enjoyed having something to do at the Raider base other then kill them all.
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Oh, IIRC, releasing Metzger's stock also improves your rep.
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

whats the bible?
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Fallout Bible; its basically a collection of documents that the designers/creators/programmers wrote down to help shape the world and such. Its like background on the fallout world and such. You can download em from NMA and I believe here. (can someone back me up on this? I'm too lazy to check)
Harriers for the cup.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Nope, its not on DAC. (or at least I cant find it)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I unlazified myself and found it. <a href="http://www.duckandcover.net/features/bi ... p">Here</a> take it, read it, and learn! Its actually pretty interesting stuff and gives you a real feel of what Fallout is about.
Harriers for the cup.
Core Puzzle
Regular
Regular

Post by Core Puzzle »

whats the bible?
It's definite proof that Darwin was wrong.

The Fallout Bible is fun to read. It answers some annoying questions, but it raises a good handful of 'em as well, and i'd definately be hesitant to consider it the absolute truth.
Chuckie Chuckie 5 dollaz?
Vault Dweller
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Vault Dweller »

Can I have a good rep in Redding- if so, what to do? Doing the job for sheriff doesn't make me more liked AFAIR.
SHAMO Fallout Community: http://shamo.gry-online.pl
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Core Puzzle wrote:The Fallout Bible is fun to read. It answers some annoying questions, but it raises a good handful of 'em as well, and i'd definately be hesitant to consider it the absolute truth.
Heheheh, just like the original! :dance:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Yeah, we got it Kashluk.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Just pointed it out for all others like me.
Our Host!