Megaton Test Build Release

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Megaton Test Build Release

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[ -> Update]</strong>

<html><body><P><A HREF=http://doomsayer.duckandcover.cx/ target=_blank>Doomsayer Digest</A> updated with some news on “Megaton�, a Wasteland inspired RPG, which is currently on hold with an older version available to the public.</P><blockquote><em>I am releasing outdated "Megaton" build for Win32. You'll need DirectX 8.1 to run it. It will not come out as surprising that I'm not working on "Megaton" right now, for a number of reasons. That does not mean, however, that I abandoned the game - the design documents are being constantly updated. Moreover, some of the things I'm doing now will be later used in "Megaton", such as a script interpreter, whenever I decide to resume working on it.
<br>
<br>In the hindsight, starting something as ambitious as CRPG from scratch with little programming experience and no game development experience was a bad decision, although there are certainly many valuable lessons I learned.</em></blockquote><P>There isn’t much, but you can <A HREF=http://doomsayer.duckandcover.cx/stuff/scavenger.zip target=_blank>download here</A>.</P></body></html>
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Great, it didn't upload fully and has CRCs.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Another one bites the dust.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
ApTyp
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ApTyp »

FJ, you're a moron. Talk about snap judgement.
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

Who begins to create a game with little programming experience and no game dev experience? A fool, IMHO.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

ApTyp wrote:...

FJ, you're a moron. Talk about snap judgement.
Sorry for disliking the game because it doesn't fucking work. I'm so sorry, I think I'll drown myself in the genepool now.
Who begins to create a game with little programming experience and no game dev experience? A fool, IMHO.
I don't know, ask TGF community.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Ooe wrote:Who begins to create a game with little programming experience and no game dev experience? A fool, IMHO.
You idiot, everyone has to start somewhere. By your logic (or lack thereof), nobody should ever start making games anywhere ever simply because they'd have to make one with little programming experience and no game dev experience.

And Ray, given how many of your "games" have been cancelled (maybe because you noticed how shit they were bound to turn out), you might want to quiet down.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Your complaining because I cancelled one game? Fucking hell spazmo even if it was a big number it still gives me the right to complain, I am a fan too. Maybe you should stop complaining about FO:BOS since you've never made a game, huh?

Maybe you should think before you post next time.

Anyway why the fuck are you people going over the top just because I said the zip file had crc errors? Is it that time of the month or something?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Try downloading it again. I didn't have any problems yesterday.

And for a guy who had no prior experience it's not bad. He learned a lot. Like Spazmo said, you have to start somewhere.
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

good job, i like the feel
with a good story this might work
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Yeah, blob meets 2 other blobs at ground zero. I dig it.

It worked alright for me FJ? Cheese. The art was a bit of a funky perspective (pretty vertigo), but good luck with future projects.
:chew:
Mikail
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mikail »

I like it! The graphics are very nice. Is there a manual?
Our Host!