Problem with 5mm Ammo sprite

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Problem with 5mm Ammo sprite

Post by PaladinHeart »

Its not a BIG problem bid did you know that the 5mm ammo sprite, when on the ground, will retain its inventory image but the item's location is disproportionate to its image?

I can just have it appear only in containers and/or on people though. So I guess its not a big problem.

I guess there could be another reason for this though. Anyone know if BoSee has anything to do with it? I created the 5mm as a new ammo type.

The assault rifles work fine though.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

This happens with several sprites, I don't think it's BoSEE though, as it's happened to me with items created through the entity editor as well. One of MF's spear sprites did this as well, though I can't remember which one.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

It must be the 5.56 ammo sprite. I think I had it set to use that before I changed it. Im guessing everyone who has fixed boxed ammo sprites have used the 5.56 ammo sprite.

At least its useable. I don't remember many times in the game when I needed to actually drop ammo on the ground, rather than transfer it from place to place or selling it.

If I ever need to do so, I can always have a little container with the ammo in it left near the gun :)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Where did you get this 5mm Sprite from, TBCPH? If it's the one I made, let me know so I can fix it.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

I got it from you OTB. The original 5.56 ammo does the same thing. Think you could fix it as well?

I'll keep an eye out for any others that are bugged.

I'll likely find them, if there are any, since im basically redoing all, (or most) of the original Fallout weapons. Maybe I should upload all the entities somewhere after I get them finished? Of course I did change the rock quite a bit.

Hmm.. I wish DAC also had descriptions for FO2 items & weapons. I like the old descriptions.

requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

If you've got Fallout or Fallout 2 installed download one of the DAT tools available and extract the file text\english\game\pro_item. Then you can cut and paste the descriptions.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
bertgoldstein
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by bertgoldstein »

this faq on gamefaqs http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/ ... _armor.txt includes the game descriptions for all the weapons and armor
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE

Post by PaladinHeart »

Thanks, the link wouldn't load properly but I did a search on Fallout 2 and found it anyway and saved it.

Now I can finally do that pipe rifle :P

OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: RE

Post by OnTheBounce »

[TBC]-PaladinHeart wrote:I got it from you OTB. The original 5.56 ammo does the same thing. Think you could fix it as well?
Yes, I'll check into it. Shouldn't be too hard, at one time I had to do it for the .45 ammo sprite.

This is irritating, however, I tested by placing items on the ground, then picking them up and checking both gui large and small so that this crap wouldn't happen. Was I asleep or just brain-dead after doing to many sprites? :grrr:
Paladin-Heart wrote:I'll keep an eye out for any others that are bugged.
Thanks. Just post any you find here and I'll fix 'em one of these afternoons.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!