anyone else smell a rat?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
weetchex
SDF!
SDF!

anyone else smell a rat?

Post by weetchex »

step 1 - IPLY announces shit Fallout-based game for consoles
step 2 - fanbase complains long and loud
step 3 - IPLY damgles possibility that Fallout 3 game is in development without officially announcing that it is in fact FO3
step 4 - fanbase quits bitching about shit console game and starts drooling about the possibility of new PC Fallout sequel
step 5 - JE Sawyer, the lead developer of said unannounced game spends a lot of time discussing on the forum how the new FO3 game will work while not taking much time to do any actual programming
step 6 - IPLY's shit console game finishes its development and ships without any major PR nightmares because fanbase is enamored with rumors of FO3
step 7 - after shit console game ships, lead developer of fictional FO3 quits

This raises the question; was there ever a Fallout 3 in development, or did Interplay successfully manage to silence FOBOS's biggest detractors while the game was in the final stages of development?
evil will always triumph because good is dumb
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Fallout 3 was in development and still is.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

We have uber side infomation
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Re: anyone else smell a rat?

Post by Franz Schubert »

weetchex wrote:This raises the question; was there ever a Fallout 3 in development, or did Interplay successfully manage to silence FOBOS's biggest detractors while the game was in the final stages of development?
Ha ha, Interplay didn't manage to silence us, though that may have been their intent.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Yeah, that would've been the day! They'll get hell form us anyways, no way they'll be able to stcik to the "guidelines", a few blunders will prbably be made... You know, beastmasters, zeppelins and an alien invasion will probably manage to sneak their way into the game anyways...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
weetchex
SDF!
SDF!

Post by weetchex »

(coughs) *ahem*

I once again put forward my theory that VB/FO3 was just a smokescreen to divert attention from the crap FO:POS.

Those ass biting, corpse fucking, retards were never going to release FO3.

(sighs) Is there any way to petition IPLY to sell the Fallout franchise to someone else?
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Ok, now we admit you were right.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Yeah, this was something that was expected a long time ago...

I mean, we always knew that pulling the plug on VB is not unexpected.

Still, when I wrote my post I still thought it might have a chance.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

I always thought that the release of the FO2 editors was meant to shut us up about FO3 or the FOBOS crap.

Fo3 probably was meant to be completed. But I'm not sure how dedicated the BIS people were at keeping it alive.

Personally, if Troika just makes another Post-Apoc game, I'm sure it would help us out.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
weetchex
SDF!
SDF!

Post by weetchex »

If I remember correctly, wasn't there something posted a few weeks back about how IPLY only had $7 in the bank?

Troika could offer to double IPLY's on hand cash and buy the FO license away fairly quickly. :D
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

weetchex wrote:If I remember correctly, wasn't there something posted a few weeks back about how IPLY only had $7 in the bank?

Troika could offer to double IPLY's on hand cash and buy the FO license away fairly quickly. :D
That seven was in thousands of dollars, so they had seven thousand dollars. Even doubling that wouldn't do Interplay any good, since they are, well, millions of dollars in debt.

And as I said in another thread, FALLOUT 3: DEAD. Dear sweet Jesus, let it stay dead.
fuck
T600
SDF!
SDF!

Post by T600 »

I don't think Interplay would watse their money to just fool anti FOBOS people.
A strong man doesn't need to read his future; he makes his own. -Solid Snake
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

T600 wrote:I don't think Inertplay would watse their money to just fool anti FOBOS people.
How long EXACTLY have you been following the entire FOBOS incident? There are numerous bits of info that could prove you wrong. I guess.

Anyway, most of us have already given up on Inertplay or BIS already, and those who haven't yet seen the truth will probably soon follow the glimmer quick enough anyway.

Some people are putting faith in the numerous PA games that are being made lately, while I'm waiting for something PA related from Troika- doesn't have to be Fallout.

Seeing how much DaC's done about the whole thing, there's not much more we could possibly do to stop FOBOS AT ALL. SO just give up and watch the FOBOS incident slowly flush down the eternal toilet.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Cipher
Respected
Respected

Post by Cipher »

I would also like to know what Troika is going to make in the future. I keep waiting for them to release a good post apoc game, It doesn't have to be Fallout it could be anything and as long as it is well done and captures the post apoc feel like Fallout does it will be great.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Well it seems like Troika is already working on a Gamma World rpg, so get your hopes up.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Trokia's trying to push out a Vampires: The masqurade game first. It's a fps using the HL2 engine, but it got delayed, when the code was stolen from valve.
Our Host!