For you Spray users.

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

For you Spray users.

Post by Shadowvalor »

I was playing though Fallout, mainly the final place. The vault filled with... 'goo.' Well I was thinking about it, and how hard would it be to rip the graphics for these bits of goo form the Fallout data files(this much I can do, keep reading), and convert them into FoT sprites?

I've done some minior things, with some equipment that I sadly lost whenever I burnt it all to a CD that gave up the ghost.

I'm just wondering, as some other things could be converted then as well, such as the FEV test tanks, perhaps an overseer chair.
Considering this would all be property of Interplay, it could be a great resource for everybody if someone who take the time to do it. Also, if spray can make sprites that large.

Thanks for your time, I'm gonna try and find my CD with DataMan Light.
Help end poverty, eat the poor.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Even if you can't make sprites that large in Spray or Tile editor, I guess you could make them pieces that then you could join and give the dillusion of a single sprite/tile.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Yeah, it's possible to rip the gifs from FO1 & 2. I did it a long time ago before I got into Tactics mapping. Also someone gave me some gifs last year - I created a sprite of a full size Enclave vertibird. The only problem is at this point I don't know how to add shadows so it doesn't look entirely realistic. Domin ripped weapon graphics from Fallout for his mod.

Anything is easily possible but until I get a handle on shadows, it won't look all that good.
Our Host!