energy weapons at bunker alpha

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Nebuchadnezzar
SDF!
SDF!

energy weapons at bunker alpha

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I've scoured the web searching for some way to give my character energy weapons right at the start of the game. I found nothing. Is there some way I can equip my character with a energy weapon so early in the game? I'm thinking inventory editing or something similar.

Any ideas?
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Pop open Bunker Alpha with the level editor and just throw some energy weapons in a locker. Make sure you do it before you start the game.
Nebuchadnezzar
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I press "edit entities" and click on a locker. At the inventory screen I click "add". But when browsing through the options, I can only access the rocket launcher.

Please forgive my ignorance in such matters, but I really would appreciate some help.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Last edited by Jimmyjay86 on Mon May 27, 2002 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

If you did a full install you should have a file called entities_0.bos in your core directory. Otherwise it is on one of the cd's - not sure which, just do a search. Use winzip to open this file and extract it's contents to your core/entities directory. You should now have more entities than just the rocket launcher. Do as you were doing and it should work. I want to repeat what I said before - if you have already been to Bunker Alpha this may not work. So restart a new game and it should work.
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

Easy to fix. The *.bos files in your /core/ folder contain the data that FoT uses. In order to be accessable to all the options of the editor, they need to be uncompressed. Open up the entities_0.bos with WinZip, or WinRAR or whatnot. Extract them with folder names on, sure not to overwrite any existing files.
If you do overwrite any files, reapply the patch.

Thats all you need to do.
Help end poverty, eat the poor.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Okay, n00b question:

Ummm...editor? where? on the cd's? I did a full install and don't have it on my comp. :?:
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Download the version 1.27 patch and it will also install the editors.
Our Host!