Car Parts

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Car Parts

Post by MurPHy »

Here's something interesting. I am playing through FO2 again, and have gotten the car working. I have installed the fuel cell controller, and the part that was in the busted Highwayman in Klamath.

I've gone down to the NCR, and have found a guy in rags/robes selling junk near the slave center outside of the town. He says that he has a "blower" that he'll sell me for my car, and he says that it'll improve the performance of it. Cash is tight now, so does anybody know anything about this before I get it?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah I did that. Nothing special. Nothing to see here. Move on.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

Like the dude said, it improves the car's performance.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I don't remember if it made the car faster or if it improved your milage... Anyhow, it's a nifty add-on, like the part you find from the wasted car in Klamath.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I believe it installs a Fuel-Cell Regulator, increasing your gas mileage. You should get it because it will save you money in the long run, assuming you use your car a lot.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

Too bad the "blower" isn't a glory hole that gets installed below the steering wheel. :cry:
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

Too bad the "blower" isn't a glory hole that gets installed below the steering wheel.
Yeah, that would be nice. :)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

With a big fat mutie called Louie under the hood, huh?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

keep your fantisies out of this kash :P
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's "fantazyys" you illiterate foo :)

And glory holes = big fat muties,
it's a scientifically proved fact.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Ozrat wrote:Too bad the "blower" isn't a glory hole that gets installed below the steering wheel. :cry:
Wouldn't that put Miss Kitty out of business?
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Bleh, there was way too much sex in Fallout 2 anyhow. I wish it was more like the original...
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

The "blower" (named claudia, iirc) does improve your fuel efficiency, it does this by making your car go... dunno-- 10% farther for the same ammount of fuel. So basicly it's a 10% (or howevermuch it really is) decrease in fuel use.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

But all the road head you'll be getting makes the journeys go faster along the way, so everybody wins in the end.
Our Host!