A room I cant get into

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Roving_Rabid_Raider
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

A room I cant get into

Post by Roving_Rabid_Raider »

Hi,

I revisited the Enclave base today and I noticed below the President's level, there's room in the south east section that I cant get to. I can scroll my mouse over there and I can see a round elevator in the middle of it. Inside the room, many computer stuff. How do I get there? and what does the room do?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Unfortently you CAN'T get in there. it's just one of the things the develpors left to be cruel, sick bastards.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Theres probably not anything special in there but it would be nice to see what is in there. :evil:
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Someone should flesh out the oil rig using the Fo2 editor. They should include the veribird hangers, the secret room, more sidequests, and more stuff to kill.
One day...
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

I always figured the enterance was supposed to be under the War Table on the President's level above. Seems like that was something that the presidental pass should have activated. Perhaps something in there was going to be part of the quest to blow up the Enclave, just like the Submarine (that never was) was intened to be a portion of the Tanker quest?

Insane-Lark
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Sub extension?
Gehenna
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

base

Post by Gehenna »

I thought it was the nuke room.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

What submarine?
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Zila
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Zila »

I know this one...

Supposedly the designers were going to make us of a submarine submerged (suprisingly :P) out in the San Francisco bay. I think the intention was for it to be the one that the SHI came from. And one part of the whole Tanker/Enclave quest would of been to deactive the submarines' missle system as it was programed to launch at any Non-Friendly ships, And an American Oil tanker would certainly be that.
But the idea was dropped at some point, and i guess they incorprated it into the existing Tanker approach to the Enclave as you have to get various items for them to recognise your tanker and not blow you up (if memory serves me)
As for whether or not you'd get to go into the Sub itself I dunno, would be interesting, but just how the hell would you get there? Suddenly find a working Speedboat and Scuba Gear? i sure as hell hope not...
The Problem with Leadership is inevitably : Who plays God?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I never heard that before. :?
So, uh... where did you hear this from? BIS?
Zila
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Zila »

I'm pretty sure I read it on the BIS forums.
The Problem with Leadership is inevitably : Who plays God?
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Hmm....that's what the retina scanner on the docks was for then.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Stainless wrote:Hmm....that's what the retina scanner on the docks was for then.
I always what that was doing there and now it is just another thing to throw on the uncompleted list. :evil:
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sc0pE »

there is no real sub in the game, as if there was the emperor would tell you, thats one of the reasons anyway.
BUT!
WAIT!
i do know how to get into that particular room containing that particular nucular reactor blah blah blah... i really love killing all the scientists in there...

still interested...

He he, anyway.
remember the bug man from klamath,
well if you looked one of the bodies next to the crashed vertibird you would find........
a reactor yellow acess card..... coincidence, it happens to unlock the door into the reactor on the oilrig...
it dosen't unlock any doors in gecko, not even the one's that need a yellow keycard.
hmmm just solved a BIG aspect of the game...
now for my reward.....
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
"BLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH"
*drools*
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

and just WHERE would that door be?
Testicular Pugilist
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

smiley, 2 words

island encounter.

dont trust everything they tell you on forums ;)
Hello New Jersey
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Re: MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Stainless »

I LOVE correcting people...escepcialy n00bs...
Sc0pE wrote:there is no real sub in the game, as if there was the emperor would tell you, thats one of the reasons anyway.
The founders of San Fran were aboard a sub. It was ment to be irony. My guess is the developers put it in just before shipping off the game. That is what the mystery Retina Scanner probily gave you acess to.
Sc0pE wrote: remember the bug man from klamath,
The bugmen were the Dunston brothers, another unsoved quest
Sc0pE wrote: well if you looked one of the bodies next to the crashed vertibird you would find........
a reactor yellow acess card..... coincidence, it happens to unlock the door into the reactor on the oilrig...
it dosen't unlock any doors in gecko, not even the one's that need a yellow keycard.
Wrong, there is no door to use it on, it's an empty room with an elevator which doesn't have any acess.
Sc0pE wrote: hmmm just solved a BIG aspect of the game...
now for my reward.....
Does laughing at you count?

Next time you go and do something like this, confirm your information.
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

laughing

Post by Sc0pE »

if you did try it and it didn't work then you should laugh at me... :(
i didn't try it myself :(
ohh well it was worth a guess anyway...
and the bug man was the handy man robot duhhh... thats what i entended...
*looks sheepish*
hi-mag optical telescopic sights and 12.7mm fin tipped DU SLAP rounds... what more can you ask for... - go the eye critical!......... I quote the innocent villager
*drools*
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Slider wrote:I never heard that before. :?
So, uh... where did you hear this from? BIS?
It was off of one of the numerous *Fallout Bible* updates. I wondered about it but it did seem to make a bit mroe sense out of the retinal scanners on the San Fran dock. Made me wonder if you could have had the option of having the sub computer hacked, be given access to it by the emperor (either computer access or making your retinal pattern acceptable) or perhaps for a nice nasty spin (evil) had to take someones eye as it isn't something that would usually be left around without amazing circumstances.
Of course all things in the bible are open for validity<shrugs>. Most of the ppl who had the answers are gone & that makes it a bit tough to reconstruct.

Insane-Lark
Sc0pE
Respected
Respected

submarine???

Post by Sc0pE »

so -

if my way (which supposedly dosen't work) to get into that door at the end of the corridor with the vault dwellers dosen't work, then how are you men't to get through it?
can you?
and that reactor key card-it has no use??

-and-

the submarine...
is there an actual sub you can get onto?
if so, suspecting the retinal scanner on the docks is the way to it, how do you get past/hack ect. the retinal scanner?

-and-

what is this island encounter??
*drools*
Our Host!