Concept Artwok

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Concept Artwok

Post by Shadowvalor »

Faral, one of the main characters in my FoT campaign.
Sketched and (quickly) colored in Photoshop. My coloring job on this was made to partially resemble the look of the old '80's cartoons.
Done in a good hour and fifteen minutes while half watching pet cemetary on Sci Fi. Only thing that kinda irks me is the nose, but the face always bothers the crap outta me.

Anyway, I present to you: Faral.
Help end poverty, eat the poor.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

It's good but you have to have blood squirting out of the bottom of his torso! Just kidding - keep up the good work.
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

Very nice. I'd like to see the rest of him when you get a chance. I always find line art to be bitchin.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Where's some of your new stuff Moon?
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

I haven't finished any renders that are post-apocalyptic since the Mad Maxine one. I have two in the oven so to speak. Plus I've got to get one finished that I told Kreegle I'd post exclusively here.

Which ever ones I get done first I'll post over here when they are up. Thanks for asking.
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

Moonbiter wrote:Very nice. I'd like to see the rest of him when you get a chance. I always find line art to be bitchin.
I don't think I will finish the concept. I'll most likely go stright to a 3D model.
I've also noticed you use Poser. I'm not sure if you own any other 3D programs, but is there a way to get models form Poser 4 into 3D Studio 4? Poser might be more appealing then, since I could use my Shag: Hair, since I paid so freakin' much for it.
Moonbiter
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Moonbiter »

Shadowvalor wrote: I've also noticed you use Poser. I'm not sure if you own any other 3D programs, but is there a way to get models form Poser 4 into 3D Studio 4? Poser might be more appealing then, since I could use my Shag: Hair, since I paid so freakin' much for it.
The Poser Pro Pack has a plugin for easy transporting of Poser to 3D Studio Max. I don't know much about it because I don't own the Pro Pack, but I could find out over at Renderosity if it works right.

Max renders always look great, one day I'll be able to spend the money on it.
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

Moonbiter wrote:The Poser Pro Pack has a plugin for easy transporting of Poser to 3D Studio Max. I don't know much about it because I don't own the Pro Pack, but I could find out over at Renderosity if it works right.

Max renders always look great, one day I'll be able to spend the money on it.
It's worth it if you actully get real into the 3D stuff. I'll need to look into the Pro Pack now, too. Thanks.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

You did that entirely with photoshop?
Im about to get photoshop 7 as a substitute for psp7 which im currently using for my artwork.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I do almost all of my sketching and drawing in Photoshop 5.0. Of course I have a tablet so it is relatively easy to sketch. I haven't used PSP but Photoshop is useful for just about everything I do.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I need to get one of those tablets also, a plain mouse isnt as usefull by far.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

No, pencil sketch and colored in Photoshop. Still need a Wacom tablet.
Sir_Funkalot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sir_Funkalot »

Due to my biological studies I don't really think that an arm can be so long compared to the body, otherwise it's nice.
The Fallout California Tour | Currently being re-designed, re-structurated and re-wrote. To be finished...
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I think its supposed to be a mechanical arm which could be fairly long on occasion. Anyways, its just a concept sketch, I'm sure the render will be better. By the way, for those having Poser 4(I 'm having Poser 3), what are the animals included in 4?
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

cool, my suggestion: legs :D
Our Host!