Hellsing

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
MorGan
Regular
Regular

Post by MorGan »

Totoro and Porco Rosso are both great.... And its a shame i never remember what was the creators name.. :(

Hellsing is good... although i havent seen all the episodes...

BTW what other movies did the creator of Totoro make? Gimme a list.. I WANT MORE :!:
Ó_o
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Just finished watching Hellsing and I have to say it was really awesome. If you don't like anime you should try this - it's much better than the usual crap.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

That ending was sweet, wasn't it?
One of the fanciest ending episodes I've ever seen (anywhere)!
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Yeah, the last episode was really good. It begs for a continuation though, mainly because that paladin Anderson guy is still alive. Check this out.

http://www.lethe.nu/hellsing_quiz.html

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Done that one earlier... I was either Andersson or Walter, can't really remember right now.
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

<- You guys made me change my avatar :<
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Is that 3d fan art?
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

Nope, just edited picture from The Art of VtM
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

What does that have to do with Hellsing if I may ask? :)
deadlus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by deadlus »

Well both have vampires in them and I tried to make that guy look like Arucard.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's Alucard, may I add. Dracula the other way around.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Bridgeburner wrote:if you liked hellsing you'll probably like trigun. wild west anime and it has a pretty good story.
Trigun is the biggest OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone anime ever. Jesus fucking Christ, you actually recommend that piece of shit?

"I AM A PLANT MAN WHO HAS A GIANT GUN ARMA ND CAN BLO UP ALL TEH ARTH BUT NIVES IS MEEN I CRY ALL TEH TIM AND LET MI FRENDS DY OR GET HURT SO MI CONSHENS IS CLEER ;_______;"

Fucking Trigun. Fuck Trigun in its fucking face.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

The Gaijin wrote:
Bridgeburner wrote:if you liked hellsing you'll probably like trigun. wild west anime and it has a pretty good story.
Trigun is the biggest OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone anime ever. Jesus fucking Christ, you actually recommend that piece of shit?

"I AM A PLANT MAN WHO HAS A GIANT GUN ARMA ND CAN BLO UP ALL TEH ARTH BUT NIVES IS MEEN I CRY ALL TEH TIM AND LET MI FRENDS DY OR GET HURT SO MI CONSHENS IS CLEER ;_______;"

Fucking Trigun. Fuck Trigun in its fucking face.
You sound like Hammer with PMS.
Whatever happened to constructive critisism and polite hints...?
All I see is bitching..!
It's Alucard, may I add. Dracula the other way around.
Hmm actually that's a rumor, and mis-translation of the series, it *is* Arucard, or something like it. Don't remember where I saw that though =/
Testicular Pugilist
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Smiley wrote:Hmm actually that's a rumor, and mis-translation of the series, it *is* Arucard, or something like it. Don't remember where I saw that though =/
It is Arucard in the official translation, the problem is that in Japanese there is no difference between "r" and "l" so it's hard to tell who's right. Alucard sounds good because it makes sense and in the end of the series there is a real suggestion that Alucard is in fact Dracula, watch it and check for yourself. What's more Alucard mentions in one episode that his name has another meaning.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Smiley wrote:You sound like Hammer with PMS.
Whatever happened to constructive critisism and polite hints...?
All I see is bitching..!
I don't bother trying to give hints with Trigun usually, since it's an insipid piece of otaku crap. (Note: I mean it's one of those animes that sucks on every angle, but has such a devoted and retarded fanbase that talking about it is pointless) But fine, "constructive criticism".

1) Vash is the weakest protagonist I've ever had the displeasure of seeing. He doesn't want to kill, fine. He's leagues beyond any human being, fine. So that means every episode he has to fuck up, destroy an entire town, and then cry for an hour? I'm sorry, it isn't badass to start bawling like an eight year old who lost her ice cream every time your own stupid honor code gets everything around you smashed to smithereens. Then, of course, he goes around not killing rapists and murderers only so when he leaves they can go back to raping and killing. Moron.

2) Alright, so him and Wolfwood are really good with guns...fine and dandy. That means bullets simply don't hit them? The thing that realy got me about Trigun was that nine times out of ten the only reason they lived through "impossible odds" was because bullets just wouldn't hit them, inexplicably. That is not only incredibly stupid, it's obscenely lazy.

3) Wolfwood was the best character. He had a pretty reasonable honor structure, he had a pretty cool arsenal of weapons, he had cheesy "badass anime character" factor, and what do they do?

SPOILERZ

They fucking kill him. Great, now Vash is going to cry like a bitch for another three episodes.

4) Those two chicks he was with were annoying. The small one has to play the "I love him but I think he's a dork so when he hits on women I have to hurt him and when he's around I have to constantly be a bitch" role, so I hate her by default. And I'm sorry, but the sweet "I'm an idiot savante!" thing gets old real fast when it comes to her partner. After awhile they were just two twats following a pussy through the desert. LOVE UND PEES my ass.

5) The Gung-ho guns were morons, every last one of them. They couldn't kill a guy who refuses to kill, they are worthless and they got what they deserved. Of course, since they all commited suicide after Vash beat them, it gave him another reason to cry like a bitch.

6) Legato didn't seem as "creepy" and "awesome" as everyone made him out to be. Just another guy with a bunch of weird powers that aren't really explained. Of course, since he has a skull on one arm and talks like Robert Smith of the Cure, he's the best character ever.

7) Plant people? That's it? He's a badass because he's in no way, shape, or form human? Great, you've just made the ultimate deus ex machina. "Uh...the gun's so powerful CAUSE HE AIN'T HUMAN!"
"Uh...he can dodge bullets CAUSE HE AIN'T HUMAN!"

You want me to like Trigun? Kill Vash in the first episode, have Wolfwood go around killing the Gung-ho guns, sell the two twats into prostitution and have Legato fall off a bridge. Meanwhile, I'll just watch the anime that got everything Trigun tried to do right: Cowboy Bebop.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Much better =)

Hey, gotta admit though, the time when he freaks out on that guy with the vulcan on his arm, he looked pretty wicked, with blue glowing eyes'n all.

Too bad the helmet stopped the bullets =/

Hmm...

but no, I don't want you to like Trigun, I just wanted an honest opinion, and I got it, instead of bitchin', moaning and crying...!

What surprises me though, is that you expect a certain sense of realism..
Not getting hit by bullet isn't a supernatural ability, it's the damn *law* of just about any anime, comic and movie, bad guys can't hit, and good guys dodge the few that can.

Wouldn't you agree?

He does get hit more than a few times though.

Cowboy Bebop has its good points, but while nearing the end it pretty much all dies out imo...

The humor, the story... the characters..!
It's like the people making it were all like
"I'm getting tired of this shit..."

and just made a none-other than action-filled chapter, with a pretty much uninteresting story ending that left you sitting and thinking "wtf..?"

One of the series I like the most though, is Outlaw Star which has a somewhat similar story-line, though less serious and very corny at times, it's a hella lot more interesting to whatch.

Right now I'm trying to find some more...
To my dismay I haven't watched Akira, I'm still working on getting it...

Later episodes of Juuni Kokki are still under development, and I just finished Scrapped Princess which was so-so...

I need more damn it!
Testicular Pugilist
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Outlaw Star was alright...I'm not a big fan of zany, which is why I'm turned off by about 90% of anime. I guess I'm an anime fan on the grounds that I'll give it a chance before I decide it's "TEH GAY" and throw it in the dumpster. And as for Vash never getting shot: it wouldn't bother me if he at least attempted to dodge. If he ducked behind buildings, dove behind shit, SOMETHING, than I wouldn't care. But when Vash (after GIVING UP TEH GUN and becoming some house negro for an old woman and a little kid) and Wolfwood are WALKING towards a building full of psychotic bandits firing semi automatic weapons at them AND THEY JUST DON'T GET SHOT...

...I can only take so much. And I liked the ending of Cowboy Bebop...the second or third time I saw it, anyway.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

The end of Akira was fucking insane.

Spaoilers?

When Tetsuo turns into a cancerous growth and you WANT Akira to happen, it was a great plot device. The scene where Akira consumed the city was so epic... That movie is pure genius.

Only one flaw. The voice actors for those little kids that looked like Chris Matthews sucked ass.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Akira was good, but it tried too fit too much in which is why alot of people are like "what?" at the end. Ofcourse, given the fact that the manga is like 5 books of 1500 pages each, they did a remarkable job.
Harriers for the cup.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

if any anime blows its DBZ.
worst anime ever.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Our Host!