The end has arrived

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

The end has arrived

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

<strong>[ -> Update]</strong>

<blockquote><b>'Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel' Goes Gold</b>
<br>
<br>IRVINE, Calif., Oct. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Interplay Entertainment Corp. (OTC Bulletin Board: IPLY - News) announced today that the highly anticipated "Fallout(TM): Brotherhood of Steel(TM)" for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft has gone gold.
<br>
<br>This gritty and darkly humorous 3rd person action adventure game transports players into the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the highly acclaimed and successful Fallout PC franchise. Utilizing a combination of intense combat strategies integrating melee, ranged weapons and explosives, one to two players can assume membership in The Brotherhood of Steel, warriors determined to bring their own sense of order to a nuked-out wasteland.
<br>
<br>The fear of an apocalypse has become a reality. "Fallout(TM) Brotherhood of Steel" begins after the first Fallout PC title in which humans emerge from the safety of underground vaults to explore the earth following a nuclear holocaust. In joining the Brotherhood of Steel, players will uncover a sinister plot that could transform the remainder of humanity into a race of mutants. The Brotherhood of Steel have come together to wage battle against the mutants and raiders to fulfill their search for a mysterious and heavily sought-after device, one that could be used to help rebuild humanity or as a monstrous tool of war. Welcome to the wasteland!
<br>
<br>"Fallout(TM) Brotherhood of Steel" will be available at retailers by Thanksgiving. </blockquote>
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I know this has been addressed before, but when the fuck did fart jokes become "Gritty and dark humor"?

If I wasn't flat broke I'd be placing bets on how few copies it'll sell. 15,000, maybe?
fuck
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

highly anticipated
my ass.

See, even Seagal knows FOE sucks
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Lets hope it breaks records so we get out Fo3. If it fails financialy Fo3 will get canned.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Silver wrote:Lets hope it breaks records so we get out Fo3. If it fails financialy Fo3 will get canned.
If it breaks records, I'd think that FO3 would be canned anyway, and FOBOS2 would be started.
fuck
wyatt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by wyatt »

Yeah, thats a tight spot to be in......if it does really bad we may not get FO3, if it does really well, will will get a FOpos 2, so that sucks....lets hope it just does ok. Ok enough were they take the money and through it in FO3, fire chuck, and don't make any more crap.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

wyatt wrote:....lets hope it just does ok. Ok enough were they take the money and through it in FO3, fire chuck, and don't make any more crap.
I bet they've been saying that for years.

When is Thanksgiving anyway?

We don't have Thanksgiving here so I have no idea.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Last Thursday of November, if I'm not mistaken.
fuck
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

Cascade Of Rhetorical Reflections

This the corporate press release? Right out of the PR packet.

Do they mention it's based on the BG:DA Engine? The single best way to sell this console game. BG:DA with guns, and....bottlecaps....

Why does the flack push "full frontal FO"? It's the "Gauntlet With Guns", the ""ACTION"", the ""ADRENALINE EJACULATION"", the hormonal stoking cut scenes that will sell this console game to its dually targeted demographic.

Mixed messages will tend to disappoint the whole market niche.
Where's there smoke, there must be mirrors.....

Is "corporate" clueless on the content? "Gritty" the P-Correct code word for Tits and Ass? Isn't the ""better than sex"" "cum on" good enough for the "gone gold" ritual? It's too late to be timid about the sexploitation packaging of a hyper "action", rat "maze", shooter.

Heavy Metal Mag was in on a bundel called FAKK, Julie... som'thin' the featured "model". Looked like a pan media package, comics, movie, computer game. This "stylin'" of "vehicle" is how I"ve - PROFILED- FO:BOS.
And how soon before FAKK was in the bargain bin with that Diakatana-thang?

Is there GAME CONTENT in the FO:BOS bundel? For all the "love" and money is there "Game Content" for the BG:DA, "Gauntlet With Guns", console players?

Mixed messages and the promise of "balls out" ACTION may lead to "blue balls".

Is there a "game" in the box, or are you just happy to see me?

4too
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Are they really manufacturing that many copies of the game? Usually a game is released to the public 2, maybe 3 weeks after the "gone gold" announcement. Interplay's going to manufacture copies for a whole month?! How much do they expect to sell? Hell, Lucasarts manufactured about 300,000-400,000 copies of KOTOR in a 2-3 week span. Surely, for the sake of Interplay's own survival, they aren't producing that many copies?
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

Prepare ppl.
Remember.It is better than sex.
It must come with 2 fully charged alkaline batteries.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

M. say...
......for the sake of Interplay's own survival...
Somewhere I read I'plays' "dreams of hope and glory" are a projection: dual sales of BG:DA2 and FO:BOS, Q4 [only(?)], of 500,000.

DID BG:DA do 220,000 to 250,000 in less than a year before it was shifted to the $20 shelf? Was that number PS2 and Xbox, I don't know.

They anticipate a similar horse race with Snowblind's Engine.

4too
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Can't they be more precise?
Thanksgiving was 2 weeks ago here.

Bah I don't care anyway, fuck this shitty game.

My estimations : sales of 10 000
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Thanksgiving in America is in november, so they were being as precise as they know how, seeing as as far as their concerned the whole world is america!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Guys, I hate to alarm you, but I was reading the bible last night, and came across the part that deals with the apocolypse. As I read, it suddenly became clear to me what had baffled priests and prophets for millennia. From Revelations,

(Rev 6:1-8 NIV) I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come, big boy!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a stupid generic sniper rifle, and she was given a thong, and she rode out as a conqueror bent on dominatrix.

When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come, Herve!" Then another horse came out, a lame, old one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other in despair as it handed out the Fallout liscense to any old scum who wanted it. To him was given the shareholders' stock.

When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come, y'all!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a crappy lightening gun in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a gangsta home-boy voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine! Gonna make you my bitch!"

When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come! Come harder! For this is better than sex!" I looked, and there before me was a pale rat! Its rider was named Chuck, and that other guy was following close behind him. They were given power over the Fallout liscense to kill by thongs, bitches and gangstas, and by the wild beasts of the earth, they did make sweet love.
-----

The time is coming, the prophecies are being fulfilled. The horsemen are going to ride soon.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Hahaha, if Fallout:POS was actually like that description, I may have even bought it. This game makes the characters so stereotypical, I'm suprised the black guy isn't eating a watermelon while slugging back some Aunt Jemima syrup while firing his minigun. Women's and Civil Rights groups should be protesting this piece of shit.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I came up with a much better plot for FOBOS, and one that kind of fits the setting.

1. The black hero dude wants to join the BOS, so he goes and asks to join, so the doorman tells him to meet a BOS officer in a local town.

2. The black hero dude, upon entering said local town, discovers that it is filled with white supremacists, who, not surprisingly, attack him. TBHD defeats them all, and heads back to the BOS.

3. The BOS are shocked that TBHD survived, so they decide he'd be useful enough to join. They give him the combat armor, and a somewhat decent gun, and then he has to go fight mutants and whatnot.
fuck
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

doesnt fo:pos going gold mean that people actually pre-ordered copies of it...
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Slave_Master wrote:I came up with a much better plot for FOBOS, and one that kind of fits the setting.

1. The black hero dude wants to join the BOS, so he goes and asks to join, so the doorman tells him to meet a BOS officer in a local town.

2. The black hero dude, upon entering said local town, discovers that it is filled with white supremacists, who, not surprisingly, attack him. TBHD defeats them all, and heads back to the BOS.

3. The BOS are shocked that TBHD survived, so they decide he'd be useful enough to join. They give him the combat armor, and a somewhat decent gun, and then he has to go fight mutants and whatnot.
Hmm, so far it sounds pretty decent. But we have to find some way to work in girls with DD breasts wearing thongs, and Ghouls walking around freely in the Brotherhood of Steel. For the entire female population with DD breasts, we can say they were dipped in FEV (how original, whenever something is unexplained lets just blame FEV!) which caused their breasts to increase 2 cup sizes.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:doesnt fo:pos going gold mean that people actually pre-ordered copies of it...
I don't believe so. In PC gaming, the term "Gone Gold" means the developer has handed the game to the publisher to be manufactured. When a developer was finished with a game, they would turn over to the publisher a copy of the game on a gold-colored disc. That disc would be sent to the disc manufacturers so the game discs could get pressed and manufactured, and then shipped to retailers. The term "Gone Gold" has stuck from that era, since it symbolizes that the developers are no longer working on the game (at least directly) and its now in the hands of the publisher to be distributed.

Don't quote me 100% on that, but I think that's what it means.
Our Host!