has anyone 'round here played "Septerra Core"?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

has anyone 'round here played "Septerra Core"?

Post by Ooe »

I kinda wondered becuase there are not many good old rpg's around nowadays and Septerra Core is such an ultimate example of a "good ol' RPG". Plus its good! :D
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Never heard of it , what kind of rpg is it ?
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

It's a console rpg on a computer is what it is. Modelled after the "anime" too. When it came out (and i still liked japanimation just because it was animation - before i realized that it was 90% omgcrap) i wanted to play it, but now that i realize all console rpgs are even worse crap than most anime, i don't want to any more?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Does it have, like, a plot then?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Something stupid i think, where some good people live on the inner shell of some world with lots of layers and they're enslaved by the bad people on the upper layers and you have to kick their ass or something? I donno maybe i just made most of that up I can't remember if it's real or not... but if it's not it's equally shitty and has robotXcs and magick and stuff.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

My God! War of the classes! How (there's that word again) revolutionary! That's unheard of. And it's anime to boot!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

nah its an alright game.
sci fi rpg but the battle sequences are set up final fantasy style.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Nah if its like final fantasy it's not my kind of game.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Post by chrisbeddoes »

I have played it for a few hours and it sucks.
Ooe
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ooe »

I dont think theres very much anime over it. Sure, the first character, Maya, looks like some japanese manga-mongol, but if you take a look at other chars like Grubb and Runner, you notice there isnt a very big anime feel over them.

And about the gameplay, well...
Sure the fights are very much Final Fantasy styled but on the other hand i like that so i dont mind 'em. And for the rest of the gameplay, I really liked the story with all the twists and turns. Its a very fascinating world they have.

But if you dislike the game because its hard, well...get cheats! :badgrin:
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

I have a copy of that hanging around here, haven't played it much.. The combat system's almost out of Chrono Trigger. Seems cool, I might install it again after I get through most of Baldur's Gate II.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Post by Doc Hill »

To put it simply, if you're out of games to play, you're out at wal-mart, and have about ten bucks, you can buy the damned thing bundeled with a giant mech game called Shogo.Shogo get's old quick, but Spterra Core is a good cheap game.It'll kill some time, it's pretty well written, and it's better than doing nothing.I'd complain if they wanted me to pay more then five bucks for it, because the replay value is nil, but for five bucks, it killed some hours.Although I have the urge to seriously hurt the creators of Shogo, I don;t know why, but about fifteen minutes into that steaming pile I ened up in my tub vomiting.Seriously.It did something to my equalibrium.Gah.But SC is okay, especially for the price.Plus, there's a 49 option trainer lurking around out there for people who like to cheat.I know I do.
Life is like cheap whiskey, it's mostly bad, and leaves a shitty taste in your mouth, but it's better then nothing.
Radiation
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Radiation »

The game is alright. Anyways, Ninja Scroll is a great anime and will always be. The coolest is Akira. It's kind of like Fallout really but Tokyo wasn't destroyed by a nuclear explosion.
" If it glows, don't touch it. "

SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I think everyone should know what Akira is by now. And whether or not it's a nuke is open to debate - I don't think it is BUT you're SUPPOSED to start off thinking it is. Way to ruin it. And no it's nothing like Fallout :-!
Watch Patlabor or Jin-Roh if you want good non-mainstream anime, other than those though, and Fist of the North Star, and a very few others all anime is urine in video form.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

I hate all anime and all the videogames that use it to generate sales, and then ODDLY, people think it's good for that reason (See: Final Fantasy 7).
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I think you meant: Whatever you do don't see: Final Fantasy 7.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeks.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg those are the biggest fucking fags I have ever seen.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

radiation wrote:The coolest is Akira. It's kind of like Fallout really but Tokyo wasn't destroyed by a nuclear explosion.
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä is more PA than Akira, i.e. not much.

LlamaGod fucking damn it. Do you have any idea how much this monitor cost me? :O
Our Host!