Perks for PC and CNPCS

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Perks for PC and CNPCS

Post by Carib »

I think some of the Perks from Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics can be used in FO3. I mean, CPNC should be able to evolve and since you'll have a great deal of control over them, I mean, why not.

THus, some of those Mutant, death claw and ghoul type perks can work for your pals.

And the introduction of new perks and such help along the way.

And I say there can be more female Party members. Fallout has come off as sexist. I mean, Ktja was cool. But in FO2, the female party member was more like a stone around my neck.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

THERE'S NO WOMEN HERE! IT'S MEN ONLY BECUZ WE'RE TUFF!

What's the point in having equal rights if
a) nobody has any rights anyway
2) it's from a 50s stand-point, where the women worked and the men worked HARDER!
iii) women are infamous for dying, while men R TUFF! plus they'd be stereotypical tom-boys

NO DAMN WOMEN IN MY TREEHOUSE MISTER!

also no black people, by the end of fo2 my party looked like a travelling circus without the token black guy FOR CHRISTS SAKE!
:chew:
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: Perks for PC and CNPCS

Post by OnTheBounce »

Rama Stryfe wrote:And I say there can be more female Party members. Fallout has come off as sexist. I mean, Ktja was cool. But in FO2, the female party member was more like a stone around my neck.
I agree. While Katja was indeed cool, she unfortunately came too late to be of any real use. ("Uh...Katja...erm...you're tickling those mutants w/your knives...") I would definitely like to see more viable female CNPCs, I usually ran a FoT squad w/50% females, and would like to be able to do something similar in FO3.

I would like to add, however, that the female CNPCs need to steer clear of the Lara Croft stereotype that's prevalent in today's gaming. Not every female is a lithe, bullet-boobed hellion. I'd love to see something like an ugly-as-sin female CNPC who is more manly than most men.

Regarding perks...let's forget the Deathclaw perks since there shouldn't be any Deathclaw CNPCs. The talking DCs were killed off by the Enclave at V13 and that's the last we should hear of them. (Actually, methinks we should ne'er have heard o' them in the first place...)

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Carib
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Carib »

Yes, and some minorities, I am tired of these racist 50's... Hell, Brothers and sisters did their part in the Second world war. Women fought in the Russian frontlines, hell, even Black people and red people.

First thing I do, is make my hero black. And I know tough girls Megatron....

And some women can be femine and weild, say a shotgun or something, but if the transition from plain girl to Xena warrior princess can be shown, it would look nice. But already we've played into the sterotype that whitemen, and only white men can be the good guy in Fallout.

I liked the tactics view, showing that people of color and opposite sexes could give the good fight.

And CPNCS should be all about, so one can pick and choose and get certain ones due to their karma and such. Evil people should get cool CNPCS too.

And I am for CNPC perks, such as the mutant, ghoul and death claw perks. Robots probably get upgrades....
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

OTB wrote:she unfortunately came too late to be of any real use.
She was saying the opposite about you though...
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

OnTheBounce wrote:The talking DCs were killed off by the Enclave at V13 and that's the last we should hear of them.
What about Goris and Xarn, pack warrior?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

OnTheBounce wrote:
I would like to add, however, that the female CNPCs need to steer clear of the Lara Croft stereotype that's prevalent in today's gaming. Not every female is a lithe, bullet-boobed hellion. I'd love to see something like an ugly-as-sin female CNPC who is more manly than most men.
I liked farsight, because she mostly looked like an old woman kekekeke.

I don't think it should be an issue, mabye one or two women wouldn't be too bad so long as they acted like normal people and not some sadistic nymphomaniac whose boobs could still be seen under a bunch of clothes and armour D: Like, why does armour for women always have the boobs? Pants for men don't have a sock between the legs, so whats up whit that?

I'd like to see a few black or asian guys in fallout, besides a bunch in san fran making racist comments towards my round eyes? Minorities in games always seem to have an attitude too.

I made the comments before because a 50s comic book writer probably wouldn't think much about women fighters, or even many black people. Of course there's going to be racist 50s values, it's meant to be? Ghouls and stuff always seemed to be the racial donkey too or something PEACE!
tai
SDF!
SDF!

Post by tai »

Simple megatron. If a girl's breast are pushed down against the chest, they CANT breathe. Besides, it's probably more comfortable. And men DONT have that there because its not needed - people build things as to what they would need(armor in particular)., and especially in a world like fallout, even if all they can manage is spare parts and trash, they still build it as to work as well as possible. As a second point, women have a higher survival rate at high altitudes, and act as better pilots and dog fighters then men. Why? Biochemical and neural differences. However blindfold a gal, lead her around a forest for a while, and take the blindfold off. She'll be lost out there for hours on end, with oft times little hope of getting out. Exact opposite is true for men. Should I go on? Lol

The people at black isle will know what to do, and what not to do. They've more then showed they're capable, obviously.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

tai wrote:If a girl's breast are pushed down against the chest, they CANT breathe.
LOL dumbass.
tai wrote:and act as better pilots and dog fighters then men.
That's why the Red Baron was a woman right?

I don't know where you are getting your facts, but maybe you should verify your sources k?
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Megatron has a damn good point there. Well, tai too with the breathing part, but we obviously have to deal with a 50' s setting, so a role-patern is set for the females. NCR seems different with Tandi as president, the Brotherhood with people like Vree but that was only after the bombs fell. So I imagine that most of the women stayed home to do houekeeping instead of joining the military or any other job whatsoever. Ofcourse there are exceptions; military intelligence and such. But still, making armour for females would be very rare, so they' ll just have to do with what is around or either made after the apocalyps.

On the part of racial differences, I think it would be plausible; people are generally more distrusted with strangers so anyone that looks a bit more different than the average person in the community might be regarded as "foul" or "lesser". But then again black people had to deal with discrimination before the war (if the anti-discrimination act never happened in FO) so there' s a big chance they' d have to deal with it now too.

Just a thought.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I think that's taking the 50's inspiration too far, besides when you've got monsters like SM's, DC's, Floaters, Centaurs, Ghouls, Radscorpions, Geckos and giant rats and ants wandering around outside your community I think you'll welcome seeing a human face no matter what colour.

As to whether NPCs should have perks, I think they should advance and get the same sort of advantages that you do, but I don't think you should control what they get. It should be generated depending on the NPC's background.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!