Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Would you want to know when you'll die? View next topic
View previous topic
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nuked the malenky bit o' nastiness that the ultra-violent youth of today let loose.

Reserve the "fuck you, you're stupid" comments for the Wasteland, if you would be so kind.

OTB
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess iohkus referred to older conflicts like the first Iraq war or Nicaragua, where CIA or a part of the US government supported Contras or groups against the local governments
hence trained terrorist groups
or when CIA agents became terrorists themselves if they were dropped

though i am not quite into this stuff, just what I heard and maybe I mixed some facts up icon_wink

Last edited by Thor Kaufman on Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OnTheBounce wrote:
Nuked the malenky bit o' nastiness that the ultra-violent youth of today let loose.

Reserve the "fuck you, you're stupid" comments for the Wasteland, if you would be so kind.

OTB
well, if you say so, Methusalem icon_wink
btw what does malenky mean ?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thor Kaufman wrote:

Well, I am -- to put it politely -- one of the patriarchs here, but I'm not quite sure if I qualify as "Methuselah"... Laughing REALLY FUCKING HARD

Thor Kaufman wrote:

I was sure that the "ultra-violent" bit was enough of a clue that it was something in nadsat slang. icon_wink

OTB
Dark_Machine
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't want to know. I've cheated death enough times in my life for the idea of narrowly escaping it to not hold as much thrill as it used to, and I don't have any homocidal tendencies or anything. So I'd just keep on living and trying to do something with my life. If you knew the very day and the hour that you were going to perish from the Earth, it would preoccupy you to the point where you'd never be able to concentrate on anything else, and you'd go insane (more insane, for some of you.)

Also, gotta think of it like this: What if you finding out what day you die was part of Fate's plan to begin with, so that whatever you do, you're actually fitting into the mold of what you're supposed to do in the first place? If Fate is for you to go out in a shooting with the Police, what if you would never have done that, had you not known that was your day to go, thus went out on your shooting spree? Fate is a tricky thing smile
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does fate exist? I prefer the idea that something that hasn't happened yet can be anything within the rules, and even if there was fate then it wouldn't matter? I don't think I'd be pre-occupied with death, due to the large amounts of drugs I had injected. But it's not like people get really nervous about taking a shit or having an operation, death is just something that has to happen mebbe? Not that it'd be very good for you, but I don't know where I'm going so
Dark_Machine
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Fate exists, but not like most people see it.

I believe that Life is like a road system, and Fate are the stops along the way. You can choose your own path, your own course to take through your existence, but along every road there are stops. There will be a Rest Area somewhere, and Fate is the Rest Area (My metaphors are always fucked, stick with me for a second.)

Life like the road system, you choose your own path and direction, whether you want to stick on the freeway or go off the beaten path, but Fate is there, always. Whatever decisions you make in life, Fate has a hand in them, sorta. One decision leads to another, which leads to another, and another, and so on. The way I see it, you choose your own road, but the road is allready there, so while you're directing yourself, you're on a set path. Savvy? It's really early, so I'm not sure I'm making this as clear as it is in my mind. I'm only on my first cup of coffee, after all.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm on my 400th bottle of cola so I'll try to make this clear: HJAWJDFHASFNgjkdfjkoasf asfjkasdgasdgsdg asdgioasd djldgdhsgfiasdfl;jks

I don't really 'see' anything. Nobody can stop me from doing anything if I really want to do it? I suppose I'm pretty optimistic, but generally I just sit and ponder and stuff then leap into things like a crasy off-road de-railed train or something. I don't really see much point in anything so I can generally do whatever I feel?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't believe in any form of fate whatsoever. I'm a fan of the "Stuff just happens" theory.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wolfman Walt wrote:
I remember reading somewhere of this guy who predicted his own death and so boarded up his house in an attempt to save his life. He made sure no one came and that he was not bothered. He was fine until he thought he beat the clock and decided to go for a walk, and was killed by a recently escaped convict 3 minutes before midnight.

Wasn't that a Twilight Zone episode?

I wouldn't want to know. Death is life's big surprise.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What about birth? I think it's probably more surprising to be like "OMG WTF I just wasn't and now I am!" than to be like "omg i'm gonna die someday oops it's now." Maybe it's just me.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Or the instant when you are capable of independent thought, I wish I could remember that.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

InvisibleMonkey wrote:
Or the instant when you are capable of independent thought, I wish I could remember that.

Some would argue that never occurs.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OnTheBounce wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:

Well, I am -- to put it politely -- one of the patriarchs here, but I'm not quite sure if I qualify as "Methuselah"... Laughing REALLY FUCKING HARD

Thor Kaufman wrote:

I was sure that the "ultra-violent" bit was enough of a clue that it was something in nadsat slang. icon_wink

OTB
umm ok *confused*
guess i am not literate enough to catch that "russian" remark or something
damn insiders icon_wink
Nutter
Respected
Respected

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no, i wouldn't like to know

i like surprises
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Megatron wrote:
I'm on my 400th bottle of cola so I'll try to make this clear: HJAWJDFHASFNgjkdfjkoasf asfjkasdgasdgsdg asdgioasd djldgdhsgfiasdfl;jks

Only 400 bottles? Not very hardcore.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd get revenge on a couple of people.

Then perhaps nuke MTV.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic