Would you want to know when you'll die?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Would you want to know when you'll die?

Post by Megatron »

Payed homage from somewhere else, but I want to see the differenccea-

Let's say that the moment of your death is inevitable. I don't believe in fate, but for the arguments sache - let's say that nothing is 'planned' exept for the day and the way that you will die.

If you were offered the truth, and you could be absolutley certain that it was the truth - would you want to know this?

Upsides: This fact would make you somewhat of an 'immortal' - as you can't die before that specific date. (Not meaning that you could jump off a building, smash into the sidewalk, and walk away - but that if you were to jump from a building you would in some mysterious way be saved by fate.) You could also plan ahead and do really stupid things your last month alive.

Downsides: Obviously, the thought of dying at an already decided date might not be that comfortable.

Well, what's it gonna be?
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

I'd like to know it... like you said, go do all the insane stuff in the last month I live!

Also, I'd try to defy that death, just to see if I could.
I mean... cheating death, that's somewhat of an accomplishment.

But then again, this is all theory so...
Testicular Pugilist
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Nah. I can't see why fucking with that kind of stuff would be very interesting. I'd just get nervous and stuff before I died. Seems kinda stupid to me. It wouldn't accomplish anything.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Hey, we're all going to die anyway, why make it a surprise?
You might as well come to terms with it, basically everytime you step outside your house there's a billion possibilities that you're going to die.
Heck *inside* your home there are death-threats every where...

Think of it this way, you wouldn't have to ever be afraid of dying.
Only the possibility of turning lame or seriously injured...

Which imo seems worse than death now that I think of it.
Testicular Pugilist
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'd like to know, then I could go completely insane and stuff. If for some reason my crasy rampage ended with me getting seriously injured and go into a coma or paralyzed, I'd be taken by suprise and wouldn't care anyway? Plus it'd be worth it for a few hours of VIKINGNESS!
:chew:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

As soon as I found out the moment I'd die, I'd go on a shooting spree.
fuck
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Slave_Master wrote:As soon as I found out the moment I'd die, I'd go on a shooting spree.
Starting on your dog and family first I bet. Your avatar gives you away.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I'd court with death in various ways for the sake of proving wrong the concept of fate.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

If I knew when I was going to die, I'd....

- Take out every life insurance plan I could afford 1 week beforehand so my wife and kids would be instant zillionaires providing me death wasn't suicide.

- Place a £50 bet with all the bookmakers that I'd die at the appointed moment and make sure the money went to a really shitty cause that'd piss everybody off (apart from my family who are already rich!)

- Invite everybody who's pissed me off over the years to a huge party in some classy London hotel through some "you've won a star prive/lucky draw" type of scam and force those who turn up to eat my shit at gun point (best done on the day of my demise..)

- Beat the living crap out any of those fluffy, yappy old lady's fannylicker dogs I encounter and piss up their owners legs (it's a long story...)

etc....
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

so say if you were going to die in a car crash and you didnt drive a car the month is was supposed to happen would that make you immortal?
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Alphawulf »

What if you went back in time and killed your mom and her unborn child(you) while she was pregnant with you. You would technically be dead before you were ever born and old enough to travel back in time to kil her and subsequintely yourself...WHAT THEN?

About the death question, I'd say I wouldn't want to know if I couldn't prevent it.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

If i went back in time to kill my mom I would totally kidnap myself and rear myself to adulthood for the sole purpose of going back in time to kill my mom. I wouldn't do anything as absolutely retarded as killing myself in the past, that would fucx up the timestream or some shit i bet. Or maybe nothing would happen. I donno I haven't done it yet.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I would laugh. It's pointless anyways. Why not just end it laughing and happy?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Because you'd be DEAD kekeke
Banko
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Banko »

thespark.com and take the death test :P
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Megatron wrote:Because you'd be DEAD kekeke
I know I'd be dead. It wouldn't matter though, people die all the time. Everyone is just a split second in time, so fuck it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

not really. You could say 'WOW IM A SPLIT SECOND' But that probably doesn't matter if you don't really know anything outside your life? Like before you're born and when you die don't really have much meaning or something.

Anyway you could die very violently like get sucked through a straw into space or something, doubt you'd be very jolly then.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Hehe, that would be kind of fun. And OF COURSE you'd wouldn't be very jolly when you actually DID die. Jus' talkin' about before you do, like ONE MONTH BOOZE PARTY BEFORE I DIE!!!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I remember reading somewhere of this guy who predicted his own death and so boarded up his house in an attempt to save his life. He made sure no one came and that he was not bothered. He was fine until he thought he beat the clock and decided to go for a walk, and was killed by a recently escaped convict 3 minutes before midnight.
Harriers for the cup.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:I would laugh. It's pointless anyways. Why not just end it laughing and happy?
I'd laugh like Predator, in Predator. Whahahahaha.
Our Host!