Fallout Tycoon In English Flavor

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Fallout Tycoon In English Flavor

Post by Mad Max RW »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

<html><body><P>Our buddy <A HREF=http://vdhp.glt.pl target=_blank>Kaczor</A> sends word the English translation of <A HREF=http://mrhandy.czweb.org/index_en.htm target=_blank>Fallout Tycoon</A>, a sim city type game set in the Fallout universe, is finished and ready for download. The four files you need to play are available right <A HREF=http://mrhandy.czweb.org/Downloads_en.htm target=_blank>here</A>. Check out the info and screenshots at their <A HREF=http://mrhandy.czweb.org/index_en.htm target=_blank>homepage</A> to really get an idea what it&#8217;s all about.</P></body></html>
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Neat. Was just wondering what became of Fallout Tycoon. Gonna have to download and check it out.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

yay!
bey.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Nice of them to break it up into parts for those of us who have shitty connections.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Quick Review (30 minute playtime)

This game is a little tough to understand...What're you supposed to do for those missions? Protect the Ghoul Villiage.....But HOW? Translation isn't quite complete...And I had a few lockups during load, and it seemed to auto-save every 2 seconds at one point. I'm sure this game would be quite fun if I knew what the fuck I was doing.

Translation is at about 85% complete. It's not really too difficult to figure out what things mean, but sometimes, I had some trouble...Only some, though...

Graphically, it's nice...Fallout, yes...But everything seems a bit tiny...I had no idea what buildings were what (during the "Mission" mode)...Wonderful CGI scenes at the beginning. Familiar starting screen interface. Noticed a LOT of frame skipping in the game when people walked around...But it was visually pleasing for those of us who love Fallout.

Sound....There're sounds? I did hear some static when the Enclave invaded my town...That's about it...

Playability...I did not understand the user interface for a few minutes...I built some buildings...Had some homes...People moved in...

My villiage seemed to be doing okay..But I never gained money...I lost money...I have NO idea how to sell things...I should be able to barter off my surplus food, but I have no idea how...

Overall - As a freeware game, this gets a B+...Probably a 8.7 out of 10...I enjoy it so far...I will definately play it over and over...It's Simtastic. Definately for FO or SimCity (original) fans. I'm very pleased.

I look forward to an update...Something with sound...Some sort of instructions, maybe. And a little more by way of translation...I have very little to complain about. I enjoy Fallout Tycoon...I'll probably like it a LOT more once I figure out how to MAKE money!
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Well, I downloaded all 4 parts on my crappy connection. Then installed and ran it. Crashed after the loading screen. Oh well, i'll try again tomarrow I suppose.
Last edited by Sankis on Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:Sound....There're sounds? I did hear some static when the Enclave invaded my town...That's about it...
There isn't supposed to be any sound in the game. They say they did a survey and the majority of people told them they preferred no sound as it would just bloat the game and they'd have Winamp running over it anyway. :?
ExtremeDrinker wrote:Translation is at about 85% complete. It's not really too difficult to figure out what things mean, but sometimes, I had some trouble...Only some, though...
I'll have to notify the team about that.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Sorry for posting yet again, however, I cannot even run this and was hoping someone here would have an answer. I did not see a faq, or any special installion instructions on the game's site. This is my problem, I start the game and the loading screen shows. Shortly after, an error sound is heard but I cannot see what it says. Do I need Fallout 1/2 installed for it to work? Is anyone else having problem?

Edit:I managed to find see the error. It says:

Runtime Error
-'2147467259' (80004005)
Automation Error
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

I can' t even download the thing. It stops after half an hour and by then I had only 565 kb of it, of the first file that is. *sighs* Guess I' ll try it again, for the third time today already.
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Wow you have a worse connection than me.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I've got broadband, and I had trouble downloading it...Had to restart about once every few minutes...Download speeds from the site are slim to none....

As for the loading crash...I had the problem...Try installing it again with the other installer file they have on their site.

Also, just to preempt the opening CGI (where mine always crashes), just hit the space bar...It'll take you to the main menu.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

ExtremeDrinker wrote: As for the loading crash...I had the problem...Try installing it again with the other installer file they have on their site.

Also, just to preempt the opening CGI (where mine always crashes), just hit the space bar...It'll take you to the main menu.
I installed it again, and also installed the other thing they had on their site. Same error. Any of the team members have any suggestions?
JRoss
SDF!
SDF!

Post by JRoss »

Im having the same problem Sankis
Det0x
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Det0x »

how does barter work?? what does prodat mean?
[Khans]Det0x
AKA Murdoc
Neocron
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

Det0x wrote:what does prodat mean?
Sell.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

And how exactly do we sell? I've been playing a few times here and there....Still can't figure out how to barter or sell my surplus food..
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

I dunno, I haven't really played it much... I'm bringing the authors' attention to this thread, that¨s the best I can do.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Ahh, great...Now he'll see my review...I'm a tough critic..
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

hmm maybe i shld try getting the game.
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

Sankis wrote:
ExtremeDrinker wrote: As for the loading crash...I had the problem...Try installing it again with the other installer file they have on their site.

I installed it again, and also installed the other thing they had on their site. Same error. Any of the team members have any suggestions?
me too.
Our Host!