To Clairify

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

To Clairify

Post by Ghetto Goose »

It has come to my attention that people dont know what The Wastes is.

For a start, the homepage:
http://www.planethalflife.com/thewastes/infomatic.shtml

Now, a basic rundown. The Wastes is a Post-Apocolyptic First Person Shooter, loosely related to Fallout and the Fallout World. The point that near every player of TW will tell you, it is NOT Fallout Half-Life. It has some parts from Fallout, but is not to be mistaken with a title from Interplay. It is continuously changing, updating and improving. It is a Mod for Half-Life. For more information, see the site.

i hope this helps and more people decide to post here.

thank you. :P
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Re: To Clairify

Post by BlackDog »

Ghetto Goose wrote:It has come to my attention that people dont know what The Wastes is.

For a start, the homepage:
http://www.planethalflife.com/thewastes/infomatic.shtml

Now, a basic rundown. The Wastes is a Post-Apocolyptic First Person Shooter, loosely related to Fallout and the Fallout World. The point that near every player of TW will tell you, it is NOT Fallout Half-Life. It has some parts from Fallout, but is not to be mistaken with a title from Interplay. It is continuously changing, updating and improving. It is a Mod for Half-Life. For more information, see the site.

i hope this helps and more people decide to post here.

thank you. :P
The Wastes isn't actually related at all to fallout nor the fallout world. Although one of the player models is based upon or the teams homage to the vault dweller, thats where it ends on any similarities. If you are going to "clarify" for people goose, get it right.
Mizkif
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mizkif »

DinoX, he said related, not based on. It is somewhat related to the Fallout world as well as the Mad Max world and a few other references too. It uses these things as inspiration. You don't have to be so nitpicky about this, damnit.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

hmmm...last I checked Shady Sands (one of the maps in TW) is a town in Fallout. There's also a number of Vault-Tec signs taken directly from the same game. One of the other maps looks surprisingly like a Vault.

The Wastes is about 1/4 Fallout, 1/4 Mad Max, 1/2 Wasteland
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

mizkif on MY side? NO WAY! :D
Our Host!