Requests/Questions/Stuff

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Well, putting the .txt's in Max-V/locale/game/ worked.

Note to self: Clean up my folders for future campaigns.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:Well, putting the .txt's in Max-V/locale/game/ worked.

Note to self: Clean up my folders for future campaigns.
Glad to have been of assistance! :D

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Equus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Equus »

I'm part way through making some models for use as sprites in a level (if I can work out how the hell to shoe-horn them into the textures)

When it comes down to rendering though, what camera angle and lens was used for rendering?
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

OnTheBounce wrote: I can try [asking Ed Orman about the possibility of releasing the sprites]though, if you'd like.
You have my 1 billion votes! Is that enough? :)
Equus wrote:I'm part way through making some models for use as sprites in a level (if I can work out how the hell to shoe-horn them into the textures)

When it comes down to rendering though, what camera angle and lens was used for rendering?
There might be a problem with this if you're into creating Animated models. Spray can't handle it yet, I hope we will get eventually an updated version(Domin have mercy on us!).

If that is not what you're trying to do, you don't need the info on lenses and camera angles. You can have which ever you like better.
Equus
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Equus »

Hmm.. Animated woulda been nice, guess I'll have to hold off on that for the time being then. Still got some scenery to do though.

I suppose I could use a generic (Maya default) cam for the lens but the angle down is kinda handy (although I guess its about 45 degree's) if no more reason than havinf two perspective's going on really hurts your head.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

You will probably need JJ86's Bounding boxes tutorial if you want to make sprites like paintings, poster, signs, etc. It's here somewhere but I'm forgetting were exactly.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Equus, I'm guessing the view settings would be the same for any game of this perspective. So you may find the information on websites on similarly rendered games.
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Twitch Gamer: A gained perk that the player could gain from playing the minigame that was planned for the pipboy (needless to say it wasn't implemented.) When the !twitch! appears above the player's head, it's supposed to give the player action an AP cost of zero, effectively giving you a free action.

Ed, Chris A, FOT2 resources, etc:

Leave it to me. I'll ask around.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

K, here's one for you, Section8:

I'd like Gambling explained to me. What exactly is the relationship between opposing Gambling skills (i.e. the math involved)? Also, am I correct in assuming that the "Gamble Hate" deals simply with which response the PC will get when an NPC refuses to gamble at certain odds or does this affect what odds the NPC is willing to take?

OTB
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Section 8 closed with
FOT2 resources, etc:

Leave it to me. I'll ask around.
JJ86 drools.....
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Also don't forget about the size comparison guides please. :)
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Within the trigger editor you can save the triggers as a *.trg file. Is there a viewer available to view them? Besides the trigger editor?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Within the trigger editor you can save the triggers as a *.trg file. Is there a viewer available to view them? Besides the trigger editor?
Same goes for the other files you can save like Speech. It would be handy to be able to edit these w/a text editor rather than the Level Editor.

OTB
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Within the trigger editor you can save the triggers as a *.trg file. Is there a viewer available to view them? Besides the trigger editor?
Nope. Not really sure why you'd want/need to...
Also don't forget about the size comparison guides please.
I've got one ready, but don't have anywhere I can host images on the net anymore. Send an email to me, and I'll get it to you.
I'd like Gambling explained to me. What exactly is the relationship between opposing Gambling skills (i.e. the math involved)? Also, am I correct in assuming that the "Gamble Hate" deals simply with which response the PC will get when an NPC refuses to gamble at certain odds or does this affect what odds the NPC is willing to take?
No-one seems to have any idea, as it was implemented by one of the programmers who no longer works at MF. My guess would be as good as yours.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Shadowvalor
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadowvalor »

Why wasn't a sprite editor/compiler released with the 1.27 patch? Since the *.spr format is owned by Interplay, we couldn't use it for anything but FoT.
Help end poverty, eat the poor.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Shadowvalor wrote:Why wasn't a sprite editor/compiler released with the 1.27 patch? Since the *.spr format is owned by Interplay, we couldn't use it for anything but FoT.
This has been a long-raging debate, Shadowvalor. MF's position has been that since the Phoenix engine is still slated to be used w/other games you're essentially handing out the tools to mod other games as well as FoT, not to mention that w/a sprite and tile editor you're also handing out the tools to essentially repackage the engine as a new game. The subject of a strict EULA was brought up, but it was feared that unscrupulous persons would simply ignore it. So, to make a long story short, we don't get the sprite and tile editors, end of story. :(

Section8: Thanks for looking into the Gambling issue. It looks like it's going to be copious experiments to get a lesser aspect of the game down pat then. :lol: ... :cry:

OTB
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Section8: Here's something for you if you haven't been following the other threads in the forum.

I'd like any information you can get 'hold of regarding the Extendable Bridge sprite. It's found under items/mission specific/mission 25, so it should have been used in the Calculator's lair. (I'm guessing that what was put in as a tile bridge should have been some sort of entity...)

Also, info on the Robot Docking Station would be nice.

Cheers,

OTB
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I'd like Bartering explained to me in detail. I know that higher Bartering nets more money for sold items and less money needed when buying, but what about an NPC merchant with Barter tagged and skill points into it? Which one (PC or NPC) takes precedence? Is there some forumula?

I get the feeling that this will fall under the "Dunno" category along with Gambling...
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

I don't think this will help you Max, but I think in the core campaign I got better prices when bartering with the recruits that had high bartering skills than with my main character(but he/she had next to none).
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:I'd like Bartering explained to me in detail. I know that higher Bartering nets more money for sold items and less money needed when buying, but what about an NPC merchant with Barter tagged and skill points into it? Which one (PC or NPC) takes precedence? Is there some forumula?
Here's something of interest:
PatchReadMe wrote:- Tweaked barter skill calculations so that the BAD pricing side of the scale (when you have worse skill) changes twice as fast as you put up skill. And the GOOD side of the scale (with better skill) changes in a more linear way. Basically I fixed the math.

OTB
Our Host!