Who is looking forward to halo 2 on the Xbox?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Correct. They did say that they might TRY to implement single-player co-op for LANs, but they're becoming less and less optomistic about that.

Serious Sam runs just fine in co-op online with hundreds of enemies on screen at once...I dunno what the problem is.
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Halo PC will blow because the only good thing about Halo is the co-op. The actual level design and single player game are quite sub-par FPS fare. What's fun is playing with a pal and stuff. Otherwise, it's very bland.

Basically, Half-Life 2, NOLF2, STALKER and one or two other's I'm forgetting do and/or probably will > Halo.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

How the hell is the level design in single player sub-par Spazmo? Explain.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

It's extremely bland. It's all just dull, grey rooms full of monsters. The architecture just isn't very interesting. No real surprises. Just a bunch of big rooms loaded with bad guys. What's worse, half the game has you cross the planet and other half makes you go back across the exact same places. That, to me, is badness.

RPG Codex
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

****SPOLIERS****

You're acting like one of those idiots who got pissed because Halo never came to PC first, so you make up half-assed excuses to hate it.

First off the levels were pretty well designed, the 2nd level "Halo" was excellent and had a very "gorgeous" look to it. The first level which was set in a SPACE SHIP looked pretty good to, especially with the portable fortifications that the Marines set up to fight off the Covenant. The only bad level in my mind was "The Library" because it was typical DOOM esque level design.

Assault on the control room was a good map which offered many unique tactical advantages and other situations, one of the levels you "repeat" is the Assault on the control room map, but you still get to explore new areas of that world and watch some pretty awesome battles between the Covenant and the flood. The 2nd is the final map where you need to blow up the Pillar of Autom to make sure the Flood never get off of Halo, even then it's hardly just another repeat.

It was a great game that was hardly bland, it had it's flaws like every other game but had a great deal more good things. Oddly enough more people believe Halo was an outstanding game, you are entitled to your opinion Spazmo, it's wrong but you're still entitled to it.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

No Co-op in PC? That's a shame. They'll just make a patch once enough folks start whining.
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Hammer, I figure most people really liked it becauseof the co-op, which is admittedly a riot. And the level design isn't ouright bad, it's just not as good as many other shooters on PC.

And I used to be pissed about Halo PC getting pulled. Then I played it and realised it's no big deal.

RPG Codex
Darrenmckee
Regular
Regular
Location: On a beach in spain with a beautifal woman on my lap.

Post by Darrenmckee »

how are the levels dull.They are far from it.I admit some levels such as the maw are boring but levels such as the silent cartographer, halo and assault on the control room are vast open areas with great scenery.
IRA all the way fuck the queen and the UDA we are the Bhoys from south of the border so fuck the queen and the orange order.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

me me me
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

one of my friends invited me to play it through with him, because i have never really played it that much. (aside from playing with my cousin/his friend for about an hour on multiplay...pretty boring)

so i might have more opinions after that.
Neon Dingo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Neon Dingo »

Is it just me, or does Darrenmckee have a huge gaping vagina for an avatar?
This sentence has thirty-two letters.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Yes, quite. Surprised no one noticed it sooner/and/or did not mention it.
Our Host!