Ctrl+B

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Ctrl+B

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Pressing Ctrl+B make all tiles outside the yellow map border turn green shaded like exit grid?! Eh?! I cant find it anywhere in the editor readme. Anybody know what it is? You have to remove the tiles to remove the green color also, so its pretty anoying. Found out by accidently hitting Ctrl+B when I had to press Ctrl+V for pasting!

(Edit)
Ok I guess it has something to do with Exit grids, but since ive never gotten that far in any of my maps I dont know anything about setting up Exit grids, lol. I dont completly get it though, why does it affest the tiles outside border? Thats useless for exit grids.....

Anyone?!
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

IIRC, the yellow border is the camera bounds. I think it deals with how much of the map you'll be able to use/see during game play. Make the border bigger by going to the "level" tab and changing the "camera bond."

Otherwise, everything outside of the camera bounds are considered the end of the stage.

I use to get the size of maps confused with the number of regions, but even though they're related, regions just relates to how far you can keep placing tiles. If the camera bounds box doesn't reach that far, then during game play, you'll stop scrolling where the camera bounds box ended.

... i think that's what it is...

look ma! i said something intelligent! :mrgreen:
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Ahm...

I know that the yellow line is the map border and that you cant go beyond it and also how to increase/decrease it :-).

The thing I wonder about is the fact that when I press Ctrl+B the area outside the border goes green and appears green even inside the game! I dont think its for checking "traveseble area" or something since it stays green and all.

Can any1 xplain!? plz.
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

yah... i use to hate that. everytime i moved a group of tiles outside of the boundaries so i can work on something else, and then save it, the floor tiles caught outside the boundaries are tagged as exit grids. i had to manually select them and change them back.

hehe, i'm not sure if i answered anything... ummm... well they turn into exit grids... i think
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I wish I could explain it, but I can't. I didn't know this existed until you pointed it out. I tried it last night and I did come up w/a useful observation: You can use this "trick" to see exactly which one of your tiles are traversable. I noticed that a row of tiles in an alley at the edge of the map I was working on was shaded green, and when I fired up the map, sure enough my play-testing actor couldn't go all the way to the eastern edge of the alley.

Now, why the designers did this belongs in the same category as the statues on Easter Island... *lol*

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

:-

Uhh, me discover new thing!
Hmm... Strange oddity. Its pretty anoying anyways. Heh.
Our Host!