who's the coolest jedi?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

who's your favourite jedi from the 5 films?

yoda
31%
windu with his purple sabre
15%
dooku/lord tyrannus [well he was a jedi...]
3%
young anakin
No votes
anakin gone bad
10%
obi-wan ewan
3%
obi-wan alec guiness
10%
obi-wan alec guiness
10%
luke
No votes
qui-gon
10%
other..? [i'm a fan, but not a freak.possibly missed out some...]
8%

Total votes: 39

Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

oh, well, i dont read the General Discussion over there much...especially nowadays.

it's a shame, the "SPAM SPAM SPAM" thread on Vault 13 was ledgendary.
fourhundred-some pages...thats just amazing.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

M. Windu absolutely.
Testicular Pugilist
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I think I'll start a new "The Thread of a Billion Posts" here, over in the Feelings Online forum to be precise... I'll go do that now, so everybody, come join in the spa... I mean fun!
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

When you say Jedi do you mean any force weilder or are you gonna make a seperate poll for that?
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Hmmm, that's a good point...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Cameron Hobson
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cameron Hobson »

Yoda, without a doubt. He is the most powerful of all the Jedi, except MAYBE Luke twenty years after Return of the Jedi.
Stop Fallout Fantasy! Click here!
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

Warlord wrote:Qui-Gon Jinn is the Man!!! Too bad he died on episode 1.... But I liked him in the books..
you read the books? for the benefit of the people who didn't, like myself, tell us a bit more about qui-gon...since his personal background development was pretty shoddy in episode 1
TONIGHT THE AGE OF MAN COMES TO AN END
godspeed@c4.org
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

I'll tell you who it's not. Fucking Anakin. He's an absolute disgrace to Darth Vader and the entire Skywalker family.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

to the reply above : hahaha :lol:
i put anakin in the poll list to even out the choices only...

btw, er are u referring to the character anakin or the actor.......just checking man
godspeed@c4.org
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

And which actor?(I think they both sucked)
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Both. I was led to believe "Anakin was seduced by the Dark Side" but he's a fucker anyway. He's a self absorbed shallow little wankstain, and doesn't deserve the likes of Natalie Portman, or respect from any other jedi.

And the actor is an annoying Ryan Phillippe clone. I can't stand talentless prettyboys.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

I don't think that he should have been 10 in Ep.1, maybe should have been mid-to-late-teens(about Luke's age in New Hope) which would have made it better. Also going to the darkside should be like the end of Retun, meaning accidently.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

shit guys...is ewan really that bad? i noticed it's still at 0 votes
godspeed@c4.org
Demis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Demis »

BloodGod wrote:shit guys...is ewan really that bad? i noticed it's still at 0 votes
I should have vote for him, but after seeing Yoda in action i've changed my mind.
"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
Buckminster Fuller
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Yoda was indeed, really, really, really cool while fighting, but simply too goody goody. Anakin was cool not because he was the ultimate warrior, but because he had style. That and snapping and slaughtering a village vicious little sand-dwellers doesn't hurt.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Darth Sidious.

Although he is Sith (duh), Sith are a group of outcast jedis so theirs my logic.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Spoilers

Post by Flamescreen »

I actually liked Dooku. Plus it's the first movie I like Lee's acting(I found him horrible as Saruman). Actually, I liked most of the actors acting on this one, except Christensen's.
Point is I can't see I expect the 3rd movie to be the best of three, but not something innovating. For one thing I expect it to be like 5-6 eps.
That is reverse the ep and have Dooku losing his hand to Anakin, Anakin getting a full sunburn by Palpatine, and a great secret revealed(maybe Windu being trully a sith?) and Palpatine doing what he did in 6 with Luke: making Anakin furious about something(maybe the life of his wife and children?) and the most powerfull Jedi failing were his weakling son succeded.
Btw, I couln't understand the following, maybe because I'm relatively ignorant on the subject:
Who is Sifo-Dyas? Is Dooku hinted? Windu and Yoda say nothing when he is mentioned.
What happens to all those Yoda's young Pandawans?
I thought there were 1000 jedi's in the republic. How could the remaining ones be not more than 50? I know what info we see at the start but it doesn't seem logigal to have 950 jedi killed in 10 years or less!
Why don't we see the "essence" of dead Jedi's like we did with Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker in 4-5-6 eps? I miss that.
Episode 4 is some 20-30 years after episode 2. I don't see it possible to have a different, weaker as it seems type of clone soldier then, with a different armor. It seems too little time passes for that. Is that explained in books?
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

What?

No "Any dead Jedi is a cool and getting cooler Jedi" option?? Shame on you!
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

here's something on star wars to think about, but not related to this poll:-

albeit cool, and though i'm sure being a great weapon to own, realistically [duh]don't you think lightsabres are bloody dangerous since they cut through almost anything? imagine all those little padawans training with em in such a tight confined area. yeah right! AS IF you don't accidentally slice or lop off some of your own fingers/some other appendage some time or another during your jedi career. even with a master's guidance...

what if you accidentally dropped it [while it's activated] on your foot?

or trigger it by accident while it's still attached to your utility belt [ouch]

if i were in that galaxy, i'll rake in the bucks by capitalising on supplying the jedis with cybernetic prosthetic parts and be like some intergalactic bill gates
godspeed@c4.org
Our Host!