Your thoughts on the Death penalty?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Well?

I Support the death penalty
57%
I dont
35%
Don't really care
9%

Total votes: 23

Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

But instead of killing every criminal, shouldn't we consider making prisons worse AND giving options to the convicts: stay here with the cockroaches and ass fuckers - or go to the library and study yourself a profession. After the convict has done his time governmental institutions could hire him so he would gain working experience. Cleaning or fixing things for example. Then they would have the starters for a good, productive life.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Kashluk wrote:But instead of killing every criminal, shouldn't we consider making prisons worse AND giving options to the convicts: stay here with the cockroaches and ass fuckers - or go to the library and study yourself a profession. After the convict has done his time governmental institutions could hire him so he would gain working experience. Cleaning or fixing things for example. Then they would have the starters for a good, productive life.
nah let's just cap their a$$
porcu
Oh my haaiiir!!
Oh my haaiiir!!

Post by porcu »

I agree with the death penalty. Sometimes I just get confused as to why the executor is doing the executing and not himself being executed for robbing the people of their means of production:~(
Hasta La Victoria Siempre!
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Just die you commie bastard.

Seu Lula de trazer por casa
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
porcu
Oh my haaiiir!!
Oh my haaiiir!!

Post by porcu »

go back 2 portugal u skank
Hasta La Victoria Siempre!
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

SuperH wrote: It's wrong. No human has the right to impose anything on another human. Laws are simply beliefs, and punishment for breaking laws is retribution against somebody for not conforming to your beliefs. Ideally nobody should try to impose their beliefs on others through force, which is what the threat of punishment is. It's not universally heinous to commit murder though, because, as I mentioned, people still do it without any qualms. That's just because they have a different belief system than yours, and saying that it's alright to kill them because they kill another is arrogance, the belief that your belief system is better than theirs. This isn't off topic at all, but if you saw it that way before, and if you're ignoring this now because you still think it is, read closer. All the death penalty is is the imposition of your belief system over theirs - for you, killing is only justified in retribution, for them, killing is justified in any situation where they don't die. Both are valid belief systems, seeing as they're both widely held beliefs. Neither are universal, or "global", because all across the globe people of every different belief type exist. You get what I'm saying here? The death penalty isn't right because it's not right to impose beliefs on others.
A man escapes from a prison near your parents hosue, and while running bails into your parents yard. Your dad goes to check, and the man stabs and kills your dad. It's not the first or that last time he'll do this.

Under your logic you'd have no right to be angry because his belief system is valid?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

My god, another stupid ripped-from-an-ass example. How about this:

A guy is falsely accused of murder, is found guilty and executed. One year later new evidence come up and oops! It was totally another guy! Sorry, tough luck but he's with the fucking worms right now and he ain't ever coming back.
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Kashluk wrote:My god, another stupid ripped-from-an-ass example. How about this:

A guy is falsely accused of murder, is found guilty and executed. One year later new evidence come up and oops! It was totally another guy! Sorry, tough luck but he's with the fucking worms right now and he ain't ever coming back.
I was talking more about the ludicrous idea that we shouldn't be critical of a pyschopath's system of belief simply because it's different.

As for the death penalty as a whole, I support one that has severe restrictions, something we can fall back on but that is rarely used.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

So maybe I'm right then, eh? Or maybe it's just me and my wuzzy attitude, that I don't find death to be any kind of a solution. I don't know.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Bulldog wrote:A man escapes from a prison near your parents hosue, and while running bails into your parents yard. Your dad goes to check, and the man stabs and kills your dad. It's not the first or that last time he'll do this.

Under your logic you'd have no right to be angry because his belief system is valid?
Not really, because he imposed on my belief system in killing my dad. So of course I would get angry. Probably kill him myself. Then, though, wouldn't I get in trouble, and sent to jail for murder? Aggrivated or not, it's still against the law. So, am I justified under your belief system for killing him? I'd still be punished, cause I'm going against the law.
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

SuperH wrote: Not really, because he imposed on my belief system in killing my dad. So of course I would get angry. Probably kill him myself. Then, though, wouldn't I get in trouble, and sent to jail for murder? Aggrivated or not, it's still against the law. So, am I justified under your belief system for killing him? I'd still be punished, cause I'm going against the law.
Well no because allowing people to take the law into thier own hands would be a disaster.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

And allowing stupid politicans to make dumb laws is disasterous as well.
Our Host!