Your thoughts on the Death penalty?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Well?

I Support the death penalty
57%
I dont
35%
Don't really care
9%

Total votes: 23

nahaz
SDF!
SDF!

Your thoughts on the Death penalty?

Post by nahaz »

Justifiable punishment or Senseless wrath and ineffective punishment?
[NaHaZ][El DeMoNiO]
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Kill them all.
You know there's a problem when people are in favor of abortion, but against capital punishment.
Criminals deserve to die slow and painful deaths.
There is no Karma, there is only vigilantism.
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I am in favor of a consistant application of the death penalty, as to make it more of a deterrent to crime. Just impale or shoot anyone who commits a violent crime. Hell, kill everyone who commits a crime.
fuck
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I say work em' till they die.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Hammer wrote:I say work em' till they die.
Sounds good to me. Slave labor all the way.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Imagine all the money that could be saved using slave labor, Too bad the bleeding hearts would never approve of that.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Enslave them too.
fuck
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Enslave the Danes while we're at it.

After all, they used to be Vikings.. Rawr
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Once all the environmentalists and bleeding heart liberals and Danes are enslaved, nobody will have to wash dishes or clean up the house again! Plus, they're cheaper then robots for working the mines.
fuck
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

And just as expendable as children when it comes to clearing mines.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Hammer wrote:And just as expendable as children when it comes to clearing mines.
Yeah, kids are lazy little shits these days.

Speaking of kids, and back on topic, I think children need to start being tried as adults starting at age five, instead of 16 or whatever it is now. I want to execute children for breaking my Nintendo.
fuck
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I think putting razor blades in children's candy should be legal, it teaches the kids some basic survival instincts.
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Yes. The human race is stagnating because a person no longer needs to be smart or strong or fast to survive. Hiding sharp objects in food is a great way to combat this.

You get a gold star sticker, Hammer.
fuck
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I care about humaniy slave_master, I am only looking out for future generations.
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

death penalty sounds good to me

bodies can be used to feed the poor
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Nutter wrote:death penalty sounds good to me

bodies can be used to feed the poor
It's more useful to put the prisoners to work in the fields until they die, and then feed the poor that way. Just blowing them away is a waste of a good slave.

Children, on the other hand, are worthless little shits, and should be executed for any felony or misdeamonoororasdf.
fuck
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

You're 13, are you not still technically a child?
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

No I'm older then that.

The way I understand it is that when I'm 12 I was still a child and had no knowledge about the world but the second I turned 13 I was suddenly street smart yo.
fuck
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Rail, rant, rave & abuse there is no problem with me. You can shoot em all here in the Wasteland, may the strong survive.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

This is a much deeper debate than people here realise. Its easy to overlook how serious taking a life is, be it the murderer or the executioner ( not the hooded axeman, but the local government :P ).

With that said, those who know me know I'm all about killing every stupid motherfucker. I think everyone is stupid and assholes stupid with extra stupid on top. I am FOR the death penatly.

Gratuitous statement aside, the problem with the death penalty is innocent men that are put to death. The death penalty must be restricted to those of IRREFUTABLE guilt, not reasonable doubt. There can be no grey area, and the condemned MUST be conclusively deemed guilty and responsible for their crime. If there is even the slightest doubt, no matter the quality of the evidence against them, then life of hard labour is the sentence. At the very least if the person is just a innocent victim of circumstance( such as prisoners on death row recently set free due to advances in genetic forensics) have an opportunity to indeed be freed and their sentences compensated by the state...at least they're not dead.

People try to say that killing someone costs more than life in prison. Its not the actual killing itself, but the ongoing appeals that lead TO the execution. This is a problem with the insitution rather than the ideology of execution, being that putting someone to death is a serious matter and should be above the dollar. There is no solution to this and indeed, a prisoner with a productive sentence ( hard labor ) has a cost effective angle to it.

It boils down to deterence and vengence. If the deterence is effective, then think of the costs saved by disuading a potential asshole from doing something he will regret(murder/rape), and incur the costs of millions to process him and execute him. So indeed, execution in the BIG picture can be much cheaper if indeed it makes people think twice before taking a life.

As for vengence, thats a core human emotion...do unto others...and with that there's not much more to offer to those that lose someone by the hand of another, above execution and need closure by this means of revenge.

Cheers
Our Host!