Mysterious Stranger Perk?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Demis
SDF!
SDF!

Mysterious Stranger Perk?

Post by Demis »

Simple, what this perk does and what do i need to get it?
"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
Buckminster Fuller
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I don't think it works in Fo:T but I never got it. You need a high charisma. It gives you a NPC who fights with you but can't be controlled. This is all coming from Fo 1&2 knowledge of him. He randomly occurs and only appeares on world map encounters. His weapons get more powerful as you get better. That's it. As I said, I don't know if it works in Fo:T.
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

I never picked this in FOT but in FO & FO2 you get an extra person that will fight on your side in some random encounters. As for the requirements, I don't know.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

The perks Mysterious Stranger and Cautious Nature, which are both related to random encounters do not work in FoT.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Blarg
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Blarg »

I have read that his appearance is on a percentage chance based on your luck.
I'm not insane, I'm just misunderstood. Unless I misunderstood the meaning of "insane".
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Here is an excerpt from an eMail correspondence that I had w/Ed Orman, the Lead Game Designer for FoT:

My Question:

1) Mysterious Stranger: While it can be added to an Entity using the editor, I can't recall ever having seen it come up on the Perk selection screen for an in-game character. Is this perk enabled in FoT, or disabled like Cautious Nature?

Ed's Response:
From what I remember, it was never implemented. So it won't work, no.

OTB
Demis
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Demis »

If a lead designer says so, then it must be so :) thanks @OntheBounce
"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
Buckminster Fuller
Fez
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Fez »

Does anyone know what "twich gamer" does and how you obtain it?
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Fez wrote:Does anyone know what "twich gamer" does and how you obtain it?
This is from the same email from Ed Orman:

OnTheBounce

2) What exactly is the story/deal behind/with the "Twitch!" perk? What does it do? What are the requirements? Is there a joke or story behind it?

Ed Orman

There was supposed to be a game built into your pip-boy (like pong or tetris) to help you while away your post-apocalyptic life. BUT again, something we wanted to implement but didn't have time for. The Twitch perk would have been awarded to your character when you beat a certain score in the game, if I recall correctly.

As you can see, Ed didn't say exactly what the perk did, but he does explain why it is there, and that it wasn't fully implemented. This topic came up on the old DaC forum and players there posted that when the "Twitch!" perk came into effect it regenerated your Action Points, they would jump from depleted or nearly depleted up to full.

Cheers,

OTB
Dirk_889
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dirk_889 »

IF you pick Break the Rules you can get the perks you are talking about right?
"I think therefore I kill."
Our Host!