Projects in the making

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
MorGan
Regular
Regular

Post by MorGan »

Ah... The Awaken is still coming? I thought the project had been dropped along ago. Is it still going to be a more RPG like "mod"? or has the old plans changed? btw is there a new web site?
Ó_o
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I'm working on an items mod to bring some more of the Fallout feeling back into the game, replacing the items and RW weapons with the ones from the RPGs.

Edit Scratch that, just got my pc back from the repairer's. I had to uninstall and reinstall FOT since it had become corrupted, unfortunately in my haste to get it working again I managed to delete my maps :cry: so for now I'm just working on the weapons mod.
Last edited by requiem_for_a_starfury on Tue May 13, 2003 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

I thought Awaken was finished now? There's some people rambling about it lately on a few forums... In Polish (quite understandably), but quite annoyingly.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I've been helping with some of the translations for the English version at least to make sure they have the meanings, spellings, and grammar translated correctly. But the last ones I did were last week and Snake told me there some more to come yet. So I am guessing the english version won't be ready for at least another week...
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:I've been helping with some of the translations for the English version at least to make sure they have the meanings, spellings, and grammar translated correctly. But the last ones I did were last week and Snake told me there some more to come yet. So I am guessing the english version won't be ready for at least another week...
ehm *embaressed* yes the polish version is out, but the english is sill not ready :|
JJ86 - I going to send you some more text files in an hour and I hope there wont be (too) many bugs ;)
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
Red

Post by Red »

Oh, so English isn't ready yet... That's good since I thought those rampaging Awaken enthusiasts said it was released when it wasn't... And I was wondering how come no one in the modding scene around here had heard of it...
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

RE:

Post by PaladinHeart »

The Project continues. I am thinking I will be working on my FOT project again soon. Finally managed to break myself from playing Warcraft 3. Ugh it is so hard to work on maps when you have a game you could play. I am so easily distracted :)

Hopefully I can get most of my first town finished within a week or so.
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

more details about realFT:
- about 70 "different" weapons (at least they're suppossed to different, even if the difference is only for example one additional fire mode)
- some unique items will have different sprites (for example 3 different looking desert eagles: silver, gold, black)
- err. i will try to rip the campaign through and change the story a bit (based on some ideas posted on DAC's FOT forums)
- some other changes that i don't remember at the moment :)

ps. the english version of awaken has been released BUT it has been released as a patch for the polish version (we didn't have enough web space for anything else). so what you have to do to play awaken english version is to install awaken polish (1.2 or 1.3) then patch it with the polish patch 1.31 and then use the polish2english patch (about 48mb - it's all those goddamn movies fault!!). and then you can play, play, see bugs, play, see bugs and see even more ... yes, bugs :)
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Hey OTB, how much of In our Own Image is done? The webiste hasn't been updated in ages. In fact, the only reason I still have FoT installed is because I'm waiting for more of your stuff.
One day...
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I could make BBM2 really, REALLY happy by saying something I know which few, if any, other people know, but I'm not going to. I'm going to leave it to OTB.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

/me places max violence in torture device

Oh, you'll tell sooner or later. ^_^
One day...
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:Hey OTB, how much of In our Own Image is done?
That's hard to quantify, which is why I haven't really put any effort into the "Status" section of the site. The reason it's hard to say is largely because I have this really nasty habit of going back and polishing/revising things. If waiting is getting on your nerves...just think how much working is getting on mine. ;)

The good news Max is hinting at is that Phase 2 of the demo is in the final playtesting stages. I had planned on finishing it up by last Friday, however, some things came up that I couldn't put off and so it's still not done. I am shooting for releasing it this weekend, though. ("I want this monkey off my back!!!")
bloodbathmaster2 wrote:The webiste hasn't been updated in ages.
What?! The devil, you say!

You're right, there hasn't been an official update in a while, 19 FEB 03 having been the last one. However, I have another nasty habit: surreptitiously posting unofficial updates. In fact, you can click here to see a page devoted to The Fall of the Hub to include the in-game minimap image.
bloodbathmaster2 wrote:In fact, the only reason I still have FoT installed is because I'm waiting for more of your stuff.
Thankee kindly, sir. ::curtsy:: Hopefully this next installment will be to your liking. :)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

OnTheBounce wrote:
bloodbathmaster2 wrote:In fact, the only reason I still have FoT installed is because I'm waiting for more of your stuff.
Thankee kindly, sir. ::curtsy:: Hopefully this next installment will be to your liking. :)
'Cause if it isn't, *points at OTB* YOU'LL be this torture chamber with me!

(BTW, BBM2, this thing is putting a serious dampening on my own project. Couldja set me free, now that OTB has spoken? Please?)

EDIT: Just in case anyone was wondering, I'm about 45% done the tilework for Revenge 3. Just in case. Anyone. Was wondering.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

*releases Max*

Yippie! More good Fallout maps!
One day...
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

*grabs Max again*

Is it comming anytime soon?
One day...
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:*grabs Max again*

Is it comming anytime soon?
Hey, hey, watch it! I just had this suit pressed! Pressed, man, pressed! Have you no SHAME?

*cough* Anyway, unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be soon.

Now let me go, damnit! I have two final exams to study for!
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

:( I was really looking forward to playing the demo sometime real soon... but hey, weighing quality over production time is something more people should do. The "revisit" of the old Fallout areas sounds cool by the way.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You're basiclly starting from scratch?

What about the one and a half years you've put into In oUr Own Image?
One day...
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I think he said he's shortening IOOI, not starting over from the beginning.
OTB wrote:Yet more big news: The In Our Own Image campaign is undergoing a very, very radical revision right now. Basically, the campaign is being abbreviated and revised to get it out the door more quickly. I'm in the process of rewriting the plot and setting the campaign in the same area as Fallout was set, and even using the same World Map. You will see lots and lots of familiar locations, although I'm keeping mum about which ones.

In light of the above item, most of the maps are being stripped from IOOI and replaced mostly with replicas of maps from the RPGs, as close as can be gotten within the limitations imposed by switching platforms. These replica maps are actually quite quick to build, which will speed the process along quite quickly. Some of you may be asking, "But what's he going to do with all of those maps he has laying around?" The answer to that is: I will be setting some of them up as stand-alone SP missions, which will be released some time in the future, although I hestitate to say when that will be.
Fin.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Damn, I screwed up w/the news item. It wasn't supposed to be posted yet as I'm still working on a lot of stuff am trying to get you guys more definitive answers.

Ah well, guess I've some explaining to do:

Yes, I'm shortening the campaign, not starting over from scratch. Some of the maps that are currently in it will still be in the new version, although some will be modified. Those maps that are being cut will be released as SP missions later.

This will actually shorten the release time, as replica maps are easier to build than ones that are purely mine. The V13 map I built took me only three days with the help of the FO2 Mapper, which is a lot shorter than a comparable map would have taken w/o the Mapper, or one that was purely mine. I've also done a goodly chunk of The Battle of Klamath and the first mission. In fact, the latter is probably 60-70% done.

I'm working on getting a better update up, and I'll send out an email notification when it's up. If you want to be added to the list, go to the site, then contact me via one of the many, many mail links there.

Cheers,

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!