Projects in the making

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Projects in the making

Post by Forty-six & Two »

I was thinking, it would be nice to have a topic with all projects still actively in the making from people here. So post your project details, be it a map or a campaign or just some mod.

Edit: Btw. ive got some maps going and thinking about making them into a campaign, but I suck at staying with one idea long enough to make anything coherent... soo. Im not really making a full campaign yet, but hopefully soon ill be sticking with one idea and get things going in the same direction.

Edited by MV to be Stuck.
Last edited by Forty-six & Two on Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

My current projects:
  1. In Our Own Image Demo, Phase 2: Includes two stand-alone SP maps, The Refinery (v2.0), and The Fall of the Hub (v1.0).
  2. In Our Own Image, a full SP campaign w/20 missions.
I may be taking a long time, but I have not crapped out. :)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Well, I'm still in the making of Faces of Oblivion, but it's reeeaaally slow lately...
Also have to do those ruined Vault tiles, damn, time consuming!
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

1. real FT - real world weapons, with real world dmg put into the FTBOS campaing, it's only a mod not big (3mb of entities, sprites and gui). inspired with Sonic's RW. the last version is 0.98 with a install program ready, but most of the weapons don't have any descriptions, and maybe some entities bugs would be found.

2. awaken - a global campaign for FT, 37 maps (maps, not locations), many quests and so on, well it isn quite my project, but i do my best in it (sprites, movies, some maps). heh, you can call it even some kind of advertisment because we PLAN to release this mod in a week mabye two :) for the moment it "weights" about 150mb (a big part of that is sound and music (f1/2 rip-off)). but the final size will be about 170-180 mb. things that are not ready yet: few entities, outro, some triggering.

2. awaken 2 - it isn't a continuation of the first part, but a whole new story, the world is a combination of ww2, fallout and warhammer 40k (chaos, no magic). again it isn't MY project im just a slave-worker ;)
- who's the one to BLAME!? -
- shin! shin! sei! kyuu! sai! -
- hail the mushroom cloud -

me not like my english ;)
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

MacBeth wrote:2. awaken - a global campaign for FT, 37 maps (maps, not locations), many quests and so on, well it isn quite my project, but i do my best in it (sprites, movies, some maps). heh, you can call it even some kind of advertisment because we PLAN to release this mod in a week mabye two :) for the moment it "weights" about 150mb (a big part of that is sound and music (f1/2 rip-off)). but the final size will be about 170-180 mb. things that are not ready yet: few entities, outro, some triggering.
Damn, good thing I have DSL! Is the english version going to be released at the same time?

Me, I'm not working on anything right now. I was starting work on a MP coop mission but had to shitcan it when I found that any NPC triggering would not work. I think I will convert it to SP but won't start on that until later in April.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Hey Macbeth, do you have a website for that project? Sounds interesting.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Forty-six & Two wrote:Hey Macbeth, do you have a website for that project? Sounds interesting.
http://www.awaken-mod.prv.pl/
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Damn, good thing I have DSL! Is the english version going to be released at the same time?
The english version is going to released first :) but you might find maaaaany bugs in the translation, i know it because im one of the main translators :P and unfortunately there is a lack of good, trustworthy translators. and we still have about 20kb of text still unfinished.

[edit] most of the screenshots are old, so dont get scared ;)

Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Well if you need someone to go over the text files to fix the worst spelling/grammar errors I'm sure there would be some volunteers for that. I could easily do it. I won't be able to translate because I know almost no polish except for "charnina" and maybe "ponczka"! Yeah, I'm sure those are the english bastardization spellings too.
MacBeth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by MacBeth »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Well if you need someone to go over the text files to fix the worst spelling/grammar errors I'm sure there would be some volunteers for that. I could easily do it. I won't be able to translate because I know almost no polish except for "charnina" and maybe "ponczka"! Yeah, I'm sure those are the english bastardization spellings too.
thanks! i will PM you about the details

Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Like 46 & 2, I lack the ability to stay focused on one thing for too long without any hope of being paid money for my effort, so I'm "shitcanning" the idea of making a campaign and sticking to serieses (sp? lol) of maps and completely single, stand-alone maps.

My current project is Revenge2, and I'm only a week or two away from finishing it, including playtesting. I might just ask some people to beta-test the map for me... hmmm...

BTW, didn't Flamescreen have a campaign listing in the FOT forum?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Red

Post by Red »

Heck I can't stay focused on something even WHEN paid to do something... If it's boring it's boring.

If it's not though, I don't need to get paid.

But making FO:T maps quickly gets boring, sadly.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Red wrote:But making FO:T maps quickly gets boring, sadly.
To you, maybe, but not to all of us.

BTW, how's the next version of Red!Viewer coming along?

(I still need the latest version of it sent to me or something -- I can't seem to find it on DaC or NMA).
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Red

Post by Red »

I guess that's why YOU'RE map rats and not me :). I like making maps personally but my problem with FO:T is it's damn occlusion screw ups. I can't stand it as it won't allow me to make maps as I'd really want to make them.

Anyway, well, I ditched the whole vb.net/directx 9 port. My program already requires that you have a few DLLs, .net means an extra 20meg installation + directx9 which isn't even available on 95. So well, screw all that crap. On top of it, it means I won't waste any more time in fixing it up for the new environment.

That being said I've not touched the vb6 version of the viewer in a fair bit, and lost my "Red!Viewer requests" document I kept in my last reinstallationg of Windows.

Right now the only things on my platter are:
- Fix the missalignement of sprites when enabling alpha
- Add some kind of "auto-save" feature to allow people to extract a whole animation instead of doing it one by one
- And eventually some form of Sprite editing...
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Red wrote:- And eventually some form of Sprite editing...
That's what I'm sayin'!

How would porting the prog into VB.NET make the prog better? I've written code in VB 4 and in VB 7 (aka VB.NET) and aside from the "idiot-proofing" and GUI improvment, I don't see how .NET will make your fine program better enough for those sans-WinXP/2K to DL the .NET framework. Then again, the programs I wrote weren't the most complicated of things, so maybe I missed some of the features of .NET that more advanced programmers (such as yourself) savor.

But, seeing has how you scrapped the entire idea anyway...

I think I'll Sticky this thread.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

My project

Post by PaladinHeart »

I currently have a project cooking on very low on the back burner (in other words, I am not working on it at this time). It probably won't be out for a long while if ever DOES get released.

I haven't released any details because I don't want complaints about the story, people wanting me to hurry up and release it, etc.. I'll try to get to work on it again sometime soon. Hopefully by the end of the month. I just have a lot going on right now and its not completely relaxing just to make maps. I have to obliterate stuff to accomplish that.

Im sure I'll get back into FOT soon tho. Hopefully anyways.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Re: My project

Post by OnTheBounce »

[TBC]-PaladinHeart wrote:I haven't released any details because I don't want complaints about the story...
Uh...PH, you're dealing w/FO fans. You're always going to get complaints, no matter what you do. ;)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Hm ,i did have a thread with SP Campaigns, but we can have one here too I suppose, most of my list projects must be canned now...
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

someone should make a very linear camagne that resembles FO1's story line, that would be really neat.
im not one to talk... i havn't the foggiest on how to map at all ;)
Red

Post by Red »

The .net port of the program would make the program REALLY object oriented, not stuck in a VB mold. My main problem with it is that in vb6 you can't have methods with the same name even with different signatures.

Right now I have a "RenderInPictureBox(PictureBox,[...])" and a "DX8Render(DX8Surface,[...])" method.
With .net I'd have "Render(DX8Surface,[...])" and "Render(PictureBox,[...])" instead and would make my code much cleaner.

[Of course .net scrapped the whole PictureBox concept along with the simple shape objects in favor of GUI+ so the whole Render(PictureBox,[...]) example becomes irrelevant - converting to .net only to have a feature that I end up not using?]

The user would only see the eyecandy stuff (ie: XP would then have the nice little button graphics if he setup his machine to do so).

Another reason I wanted to jump to .net is that DX9 is only supported in .net, but is also much better integrated to it then the DX8 implimentation was for vb6.

Way I see it though, I don't like vb6 and it's likeness to a virtual machine. The port would still carry some vb6 native stuff into it even once converted, so I figure I might as well start it over from scratch if I do. And given I start from scratch I'd end up doing it in C++ instead of VB and learn how to control the GUI stuff properly in the process - something I've been evading.

So anyway, well, I've not touched it in quite a bit (specially if you don't consider the time I spent trying to convert it since it was mostly wasted though I learned thourgh it so it's not all loss for me). I have little time right now with Miriam around, so I don't know when I'll touch it again. Hopefully sooner then later :P.
Our Host!