Oh, no, kiddies! IPLY clamps down!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Since i reposted Saint`s reply to Rosh i`m waiting to be banned now. I`m really curious on what Techwiz will do...

http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... 832#298832
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

Im trying to get banned by attacking the dev team and Heve Caen :)
peasofme
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by peasofme »

this is the same thing capcom is doing. making games noone wants. they had to cancel capcom all stars cause it was testing so poorly.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

What's funny is a developer buddy of ours popped in #fallout last night and basically reiterated the fact that he's never seen a game announced with this kind of negativity.

I think the main thing you can take away from this is that Interplay's marketing division, frankly, sucks. When you announce a game, and there's a major outcry against it from the very instant it's announced, your good idea may not be so good after all.
------------------
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

lol, but we have kinda gone alittle to far but still they did make us wait for years :x
Elara
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Elara »

"We happen to like Fallout, just not the Fallout community.They don't know how to think on their own, have double-standards, and basically bash anyone or anything that isn't Them. Internet people trying to desperately to be cool and failing, basically."
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Unfortunately they will still probably end up selling a minimum of 0.5 million and possibly more. Worldwide there are over 50 million Play2s and X-Boxes. So all they need is 1% sales.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Unfortunately they will still probably end up selling a minimum of 0.5 million and possibly more. Worldwide there are over 50 million Play2s and X-Boxes. So all they need is 1% sales.
the forking iceholes!!
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

They are beyond help. BEYOND help.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Elara wrote:http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.p ... 120#300120

I'm asking to be banned.
But Elara.. You're cramping my martyr style! ;)

Is that the thread where he claimed I was banned for my picture of Chuck in my avatar? Gotta love the flimsy excuses.
------------------
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Is that the thread where he claimed I was banned for my picture of Chuck in my avatar? Gotta love the flimsy excuses.
Yep, he even said he'll disable the function for personall avatars if this continues.

Which makes me wonder what this will do:

Thanks for the avatar BB...
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Sorry for the double post, but i've just seen this thingy at the IPLY boards:
mike wrote:I'm going to just open my mouth and let this spill out... I'm glad they banned Mr. Saint Proverbius... I just went over to Duck and Cover and there he was in all his glory inflaming the masses with mindless rhetoric and glib *bleep*. With him stands arm in arm Roshambo Warrior who proudly bludgeons anyone who disagrees with him and tells them they are stupid and not worth of time or space. Fallout doesn't need people like this as its Harbingers of Glory... they belittle those who are new because they don't know... they insult those who try to debate intelligently because it is easier to flame then it is to discuss with care and thought.
I read posts from people who make intelligent posts and then have to suffer through a multitude of sheep who bleat the same tired old platitudes... they don't think... they perform kneejerk reactions... all this because of one game that isn't even advanced enough to have more than 6 screenshots and a basic story perameter. And to anyone who tells me... "you don't have to read them"... you are right... but I want to follow the thread so I can be informed and post something informed.

Maybe Interplay should be ashamed for ignoring the Fallout fanbase... but so what... they are a company... they make decisions tha aren't popular but it is all about survival... if they had scads of cash... they could make games because it appealed to them in more than a financial manner. But they don't... everyone is quite happy wishing them to burn and crash and die... and damn the thought that another proper Fallout title might be made... at least we the loyal fans got to *beep* on the giant as it goes down... all you 'fans' who did this... thank the Saint and Roshambo for twisting the perspective of reality with their half truths, innuendoes and intimidation. Curse Interplay for making the Fallout Universe that gives you the chance to bitch at all. Thank yourselves for being sheep who won't wait to kick the poor stumbling offspring (yes Fallout Brotherhood of Steel) before it gains an identity. If you are offended... good... flame away... I could care... for those who want to wait and see if there is diamond in the dross, I applaud you... for those who fan the flames mindlessly... be shamed... you all want a community... and you have one... a mindless mob with waving torches.

have a nice day
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

I see that mike still enjoys insulting the gene pool. Okay, 4too is enigmatic, but that's his charm.

Mike is just a complete moron.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

He's taking the Michael surely. : ) : )
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Dan wrote:Sorry for the double post, but i've just seen this thingy at the IPLY boards:
mike wrote:I'm going to just open my mouth and let this spill out... I'm glad they banned Mr. Saint Proverbius... I just went over to Duck and Cover and there he was in all his glory inflaming the masses with mindless rhetoric and glib *bleep*. With him stands arm in arm Roshambo Warrior who proudly bludgeons anyone who disagrees with him and tells them they are stupid and not worth of time or space. Fallout doesn't need people like this as its Harbingers of Glory... they belittle those who are new because they don't know... they insult those who try to debate intelligently because it is easier to flame then it is to discuss with care and thought.
I read posts from people who make intelligent posts and then have to suffer through a multitude of sheep who bleat the same tired old platitudes... they don't think... they perform kneejerk reactions... all this because of one game that isn't even advanced enough to have more than 6 screenshots and a basic story perameter. And to anyone who tells me... "you don't have to read them"... you are right... but I want to follow the thread so I can be informed and post something informed.

Maybe Interplay should be ashamed for ignoring the Fallout fanbase... but so what... they are a company... they make decisions tha aren't popular but it is all about survival... if they had scads of cash... they could make games because it appealed to them in more than a financial manner. But they don't... everyone is quite happy wishing them to burn and crash and die... and damn the thought that another proper Fallout title might be made... at least we the loyal fans got to *beep* on the giant as it goes down... all you 'fans' who did this... thank the Saint and Roshambo for twisting the perspective of reality with their half truths, innuendoes and intimidation. Curse Interplay for making the Fallout Universe that gives you the chance to bitch at all. Thank yourselves for being sheep who won't wait to kick the poor stumbling offspring (yes Fallout Brotherhood of Steel) before it gains an identity. If you are offended... good... flame away... I could care... for those who want to wait and see if there is diamond in the dross, I applaud you... for those who fan the flames mindlessly... be shamed... you all want a community... and you have one... a mindless mob with waving torches.

have a nice day
I saw that guy. Absolute wanker.

If anyone who was banned wants to say something feel free to tell me to post it. IP bans don't work so well against the minions of dial-up.
Sol Invictus
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Sol Invictus »

The way Mike (mis)composes his messages grates my nerves.
e.g.

"I am glad that God is dead.... the world doesn't need God... God was an asshole anyway... Since when did the world need God... is God even real... I don't know... but what I do know is that I'm glad God is dead... or is he...
Administrator

Circle of Eight - Hellgate: London Resource Center
www.co8.org
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Mike's a funneh boy. What Mike fails to figure out is that the very announcement of this half-assed title was enough to inflame people, even those who have no idea what Duck and Cover even is.
------------------
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Production Values

Post by 4too »

Publication of any media relies on quality of presentation.

I did not see any "authentic" production values in the first release of the TRUTH of FOBOS. The plea of these I'play moderators for PROFESSIONAL manners and etique is meaningless if I'play as a corparation can not be professional enough to craft a QUALITY presentation of their future product.

The fact that they denied it's very existance is evassive at best, and dishonest at worst. ""I don't know""" would have served, and""that's someone elses project and I have no details"" and a quick change of subject about how charming St._P. and Rosh can make a point in logic , may have put the matter off for another day. Or, ""I CAN"T TELL YOU NOW"", ....

FOT had some effort paid to it's presentation. They were trying to sell the game. It appeared that it mattered.

I don't get that it matters with FOBOS. If they can't get it up to sell the world on the quality of their future product, what does that tell us of the "game"? Are they even going to try?

Follow the PS2 reviews at any time , for any variety of game themes , and you'll see there are standards of game play , and expectations of quality of graphics, (within the parameters of the media)(user mileage may vary).

The console market is not a sure thing. The prices tend to stay at first retail so these gamers demand a minimum of value for their buck.

My gutt reaction is there is no conscious marketing plan. No value invested in presentation. No value invested in production. Does that mean it's "worthless". Does truth, finally, appear, in the last act, before the final curtian of I'Play?

Is there really a game in all this?

4too
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Well, check my news item about how well Interplay's done in the console market over the last eight years. When you have 21 titles making under 100k units sold, and only 13 that have sold over 100k, you have quality issues. Only five of those have sold over 200k, and we're talking about 25,000,000+ people owning these things.

No, console sales aren't a sure thing, and Interplay should know this, since they've cranked out some serious flops, like the recently released RHL which only sold 23k units but took nearly four years to make.

What I find really funny is Herve Caen made an announcement that BG:DA has shipped 500k units of BG:DA. Fairly impressive numbers, but only 300k or so sold. So, I seriously doubt they've shipped any units of that one in a long, long time because there's 200k units that weren't purchased.

They've billed Hunter as a huge hit, but it only sold 184k units. Go figure on that one.

Just for kicks, their two best selling console titles are Casper the Friendly Ghost and Caesar's Palace 2000. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
------------------
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

It's kind of interesting. Hunter was a "success" at 184k, but Super Mario Sunshine was a flop at 2,000,000 that caused Nintendo to reduce profit estimates. See, Interplay, that's what a successful console publisher looks like.
Our Host!