The Vault now has a page listing all of the various issues that players are having with Fallout 3. There aren't any solutions listed yet, but hopefully the page will get enough attention and there will be loads of fixes soon. It's nice to have all of the issues centrally located, rather than in the mess that is the Fallout 3 Tech Forums. Go and post!
Oh, and for a sampling of the issues:
- Disk unable to be read, viewed or otherwise seen as media on some DVD drives such as a Sony DRU-720A.
- Game crashing when "New Game" is pressed in the main menu
(related to ffdshow - adding fallout3.exe to the exception list off
directshow audio/video apparently fixes this).
- Game crashing when "Play" is pressed in the launcher splash screen.
- Memory leak related to excess processes, on-board sound card, and/or SLI.
- VATS - related severe performance issues.
- Game sometimes crashes on exiting with a send/don't send error report.
- Player stuck unable to move, hud also missing.
- Some sound clips get stuck and loop until very far away from source.
- Mouse accleration/smoothing cannot be disabled, causes mouse lag and strange acceleration
- Due to an error in installing, certain sound effects (like gun shots/reloading and monster sounds) do not play.
- Game freezes on loading screen when trying to load saved game.
And those are just the PC issues on Day 2.