The Fan Made Fallout
mod project has just had another news update. Among the news that the
team now stands at 35 people (and say they actually aim to reach 50 - new members welcome),
they've also released a dialogue tool which is said to make creating a
Fallout dialogue easier.
Given it's not even reached version 1.0 yet you can understand there's
still a lot of work to be done. At the moment though, the tool can:
- Create a complex dialogue file.
- Allow someone to play test a dialogue file that's been
made with the tool by "creating" a player character and allowing you to
test the dialogue file with that character.
- Export a dialogue file made with the tool into a .MSG file for use in Fallout.
- Automatically generate a .INT script file for the dialogue
leaving relatively little work to do for the scripters (though some
quests and other tinkering may be required).
- Built in Auto-Update feature which if enabled, checks to
see if you've got the latest version of the tool and if not, asks if
you want to download it.
- Is plug-in capable allowing other programmers to make their own plug-in tools for it that perform a range of actions.
There is a brief tutorial on how to use the tool which includes screenshots available here. You can download the FMF Dialogue Tool v0.23 from DAC or
alternatively, visit the tool's web-site at
http://modtools.djunique.org/ and download it from there.