A little less than a year in the making I have finally acquired an interview with the illusive Gimpmask, creator of mammas gang. Here is the interview;
1. How did you first get involved in the Fallout community?
at vault13.net when fallout tactics was about to come out. i was the second vice squad leader tactician of my clan called "victoryious or death". those times were boss all right, zerg rushing klamath until the baby hours of morning. inspired by these events i drew a few toxic waste boys, sent them to kreegle who graciously put them on the (gamespy era) dac's front page. because of my comics, dac received fifteen BILLION hits and self-destructed. after that the site moved to duckandcover.net and got rid of the piece of shit forum software and i joined i guess. started out pretty innocent and now i'm rolling with the big boys, mammas gang, wafflehouse, representin crips, waste side. so i guess it's all about toxic waste boy really and that is the philosophy i've tried to carry into the grim future of the dackian reality throughout the years.
2. How did Mamma's Gang originally start and what was the premises that it was to live by?
it started out as a virtual web chat room, a secret hiding place from the scumbags of #fallout back in 2004 or so i think. from the very beginning emphasis was put on boots, braces, brawls, and big butts. members of the notorious mamma's gang are born to lose but live to ryde if you know what i mean.
3. Did you play FO3 and if you did what did you think of it?
like a moth to a flame burned by the fire, i downloaded it last month, it was shit and i got bored within an hour. then i installed duke3d and it was still fucking awesome so i'm all good
4. What are your thoughts on Mamma's Gang activities like attacking RPGcodex a few months ago which resulted in DarkUnderlord attacking DAC?
our boys deep behind the enemy lines deserve our eternal gratitude. let the warrior spirits soar free like the eagles in the flag of the U.S.A.
5. What do you think makes DAC different than its counterparts like NMA and RPGcodex?
counterparts lawl. i dunno, less shit posts to go through to find the more interesting ones. less irritating fags, less whiny moderator bullshit. less furries. less of everything, because less is more, and more is the best!
6. What are some of your favorite memories at DAC?
pretty much everything involving mamma's gang and the wasteland websyte. it's been so long i don't really remember anything in particular. oh and all the drama homos also, kgt, haplo, dusty, davide, r.i.p.
7. You are often compared with Megatron, why do you think that is? Also why do you think that DAC seems to idolize Megatron more so than it does you?
maybe because the blood rushing through our veins is that of true patriots. but probably because dackers are a bunch of fags
8. What part did you have in the whole Stalker fake website thing?
the part where i fr*aking made it sheesh. world wide web design, bbcode, 2d digital layout art, achievements, triple x, a whole bunch of content, etc etc.. megatron contributed most of the quality content though.
9. What do you see for the future of DAC and if you could guide that future, what would you do?
dac will keep on truckin obviously. things have been pretty stagnant for the last half a decade or something, i don't think there's any suprises ahead
10. What other games are your favorite other than the Fallout games?
crpgs: nethack, torment and arcanum, never really got into anything else i bothered to try.
other than that, old school adventure games, namely space quests, kings quests, monkey islands. quality fpses like the build engine games. team fortress 1 & 2. some other random crap.
11. What did you like most about the Fallout games?
taking vic into the desert and putting a bullet through his head
12. What are your thoughts on Fallout: New Vegas by Obsidian?
needs more dragons